Sunday, July 08, 2007

Well Thanks!

Well, I'm speechless y'all. The one and only Tater went and nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award. I'm genuinely touched, especially coming from you Tater honey.. genuinely, all kidding aside. And since you already did the Sally Field gag, guess I'll have to settle for being sincere in my thanks and express my amazement.

I'm gonna do a minor cheat however and spread my nominees out for y'all tomorrow- as this will require some actual thought. I just got home from a weekend at the shore with the Beast, partying with some good friends sans Miss Thing. Now I'll grant you, at our age, we ain't exactly partying like rock stars or anything people.. did too much of that when we were younger. More hanging on the deck with good food, good wine and good friends and talking and laughing all night long. But it does pain me to admit staying up till all hours now requires a nap the following day.

Reminds me we need to see the old friends far more often than we do, and makes me happy that we're lucky to have such great people to share our lives with. Anyone that held your hair in a bathroom for an hour when you were 20, and still loves you when you're 45 is a total keeper in the friend department. Let's see, we all went from dancing in the clubs and doing *ahem* substances in the corner to dancing in the kitchen while we spend a few hours putting together a monster dinner.

Merely proves my theory that in it's own way, the universe truly is self leveling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the ability to remain friends with the same person for twenty five years is actually a reflection of the qualities you bring to a relationship.

I like the idead of the Universe having a self leveling function, and am hoping this works in relation to our liar in chief. March on washington is scheduled for September 15th, and am hoping all that are available will march for impeachment.