Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Six Things-

Well, Jeff tagged me so I shall respond. But I'll be a slacker and not tag in kind. Mainly because I've already irritated my friends.. But Mamma taught me it's rude to ignore a polite request from a friend.

Six Things- (Not that y'all care in the least)


What Was I Doing Ten Years Ago – 1998:

Ten years ago this month I was at Children’s Hospital INOVA with the Hurricane, scared out of my mind.


5 Things On My To Do List For Today:

Book plane ticket to NOLA in July.

Take Miss Thing’s enrollment crap over to the community college to register for dual enrollment next year.

Call Jack and find out why the brand new, very pricey, French doors are now leaking.

Figure out what the hell the Hurricane did with his baseball mitt since he has a game tonight.

Mail sympathy card to cousin Judy.


Snacks I enjoy:

Well I really do try and avoid snackage, you will note the operative word is try..
Cashews
Olive Oil & Rosemary Triscuits
Bleu Cheese
Soft pretzels
Dark chocolate (ohh, those Choxies with the sea salt and almonds, yumm)


Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:

Establish a substantial philanthropic trust in order to be able to spread the cash around to causes I feel are worthy. And find some really smart person to run it so it becomes a genuine force for good, as opposed to tossing cash around to make me feel good about being lucky enough to get rich.

Build a fabulous house (not terribly large, just completely fabulous) someplace warm and sunny by the ocean so Tate and I can retire in comfort.

Build a house for Baby Sister and the Old Fart- with separate wings.

Pay off both Brother's mortgages.

Establish a trust for my kids that ensures they will be secure, but forces them to work for it and be productive or it goes to a home for stray cats or some such.

Indulge in the one completely disgusting, over the top and totally silly over priced article I desire- a black Hermes Kelly Bag.

Shoes, shoes and more shoes.

See the whole, entire world.


Places I Have Lived:

Charlottesville, VA

Chapel Hill, NC

NY, NY

Arlington, VA



Blogs I enjoy:

Tater, Tony, Gavin, my sweet Wills, my blog mamma Lynette, Miss Cowbell, Miss Elizabeth, Al Cousin Rainey, The Hat, Sling, Citizen of the World, that crazy Billy Pilgrim and many others, but the list grows long and my allotted bloggy time short-

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the menition at the end!

In my opinion it is unwise to try to avoid snackage. Snackage is good.

Jeff said...

Thanks for playing our game, darlin- and I posted yours as well.

sageweb said...

I just did this meme too. I never tag either, I figure they will stop with me. I always wonder who starts these things.

booda baby said...

Is mystifying, how much I love reading OPMs but feel spinal quakes and quivers when confronted with one myself. Ick.

What's NOLA? Obedient little internet member that I am, I went a'googling and the google-gods told me you're booking a flight to New Orleans. In July. This seems so unlikely and yet ...

Kimberly Ann said...

I love New Orleans enough to go back there again in July but I had to stop and think about it for a second. Bring your antipersperant - warehouse size.

billy pilgrim said...

excellent snacks, toss in a little wine and you'll be on the mediterranean diet.

yellowdoggranny said...

i'd love to travel..but with the way things are now to get on a plane, i think i'd rather stay home and watch videos' of my favorite places

Sling said...

Your French doors are leaking because,..well,..they're French.
Buy American! :P
My evil word verification thingy is 'bewel'.I'm going to make a point of using that in a sentence.
May your cousin Judy bewel,and prosper.

Anonymous said...

I am crossing my fingers that your lottery ticket is purchased and awaiting the announcement of it's grand prize winner status. Thank you for your kind mention my dear, and of course I would reciprocate the retirement plan.

Anonymous said...

Oh you have all the good answers.
'speshly the salt bespeckled dark chocolate
(jinkies!)
I for one love a good meme and feel woeful that nobody I know passes them on anymore.
I'm gonna do it anyway.
HAH!

Doralong said...

Citizen- Snackage does tend to help me get through the day in an uncranky fashion indeed!

Jeff- For you? Of course.

Sage- Nope, never gonna happen.

Booda- I have somewhat the same reaction. Mainly because I read mine and always think to myself "damn girl! You are sooo boring." Yes, New Orleans in July, we all know I'm not right.

KA- Will do ;) But everyone else is sweating bullets too, so it's not like you're offending anyone. For dinner at Bayona I'd sweat like a pig if necessary.

Billy- Naturally the wine ends up in there too!

Granny- True. But I'd be stinkin' rich so I'd have my own plane!

Sling- Well that answers the whole thing right there! I hope she does too, bless her heart.

Tate- I hit the mega millions you'll hear about it right away!

Hat- I can't wait to read it! And that really is some damn fine chocolate!

Willym said...

Rome better be on that list of places to visit Lady! That snack list sounds pretty health to me - well okay the chocolate but you need that for energy! Right?

The answer to the French Doors - caulking... hell that use to be my answer to any problem with the house - get out the caulking gun

Doralong said...

Wills- Don't be silly of course- that's where I plan to start from. Actually a little chocolate is good for your hearth truthfully.

Anonymous said...

"Cashews
Olive Oil & Rosemary Triscuits
Bleu Cheese"

We really need to hit a happy hour together.