Both my dear Elizabeth and darling friend Wills tagged me for this one. As we all know I rarely play along on these, spoiled sport that I am, but after a fashion I expect it may perhaps be a good way to return to blogging. I have been much absent due to various obligations and frankly since my dear friend died I’ve really more or less had my head up my ass. I’m still not 100% sure whether it’s the loss of a friend of nearly 30 years or my reaction to my anger with his family. Perhaps equal measures of both.
Anyway, on to the part where I bore you all to tears…
1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.
So here goes!
1. What is your current obsession?
Finding the perfect dress for my 30th reunion. You know, the one that makes your ex boyfriends want to drink poison and the former snotty cheerleaders seethe. Fixing the current front lawn debacle. Finding 10 or so extra hours in a week.
2. What do you see outside your window?
Out front- a mess of epic proportion. Out back- a genuinely stunning view of the mountains. I presume you can figure out which one I’m currently ignoring.
3. If you could have any super power what would it be?
4. Which animal would you be?
A Siberian Tiger.
5. Who was the last person you hugged?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What’s your favorite food in the whole world?
A perfect Vicksburg sandwich, closely followed by foie gras.
8. What’s the last thing you bought?
Literally- gas. Last thing I bought for myself was a very hot pair of sandals that I doubt I’ll ever get to wear this summer given the ghastly weather.
9. What are you listening to right now?
My son bouncing a soccer ball against the side of the house, the washer running, the gears grinding in my husband’s head as he tries to figure out how to fix the disaster he’s created in the front lawn and Little Feat.
10. If you could quit one bad habit, what would it be?
11. What’s on your beside table?
A really swell lamp (yes Wills with a red shantung shade), a stack of books, an alarm clock, a water glass and probably a fair amount of dust.
12. If you could have a house totally paid for, and fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
The Côte d'Azur, but Belize wouldn't suck either.
13. What would you like to have in your hands right now?
A ticket to Rome. Or a winning Mega Millions ticket, then I could actually afford the trip to Rome and take Tate and Tony with me.
14. What was your favorite children's book?
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgeson Burnett
15. What is your biggest fear/phobia?
Roller coasters, they totally freak me out.
16. What's the dumbest thing you've done in the past year?
Left my husband alone with a bulldozer.
17. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Chicago, to hug someone I love very much and tell him everything really will be fine one day soon.
18. What did you want to become as a small child?
An actress or a princess. No not the Disney variety- as in for real, like Princess Grace, she fascinated me. Oddly I just wanted the wardrobe and the real estate, didn’t much care about the Prince part of the equation.
19. What posters/pictures do you have on your bedroom wall?
None actually. I have part of my kimono and obi collection hanging instead.
20. What is your plan for tomorrow?
Get the kids to school on time, get to work on time, try and catch up on an insane amount of paperwork, have lunch with my sister, get home in time to get the family fed and get the Hurricane to a band concert by 7:15. Dang, I’m sure I’m forgetting something in there.
21. What was your first job?
Dishwasher, busgirl, scullery maid and prep cook at my parent’s restaurants.
22. Say something to the person/s who tagged you:
Liz- if we put both our lives in a blender we’d have a truly classic southern gothic novel on our hands. You can work on that once you finish the other two. Wills, I am so very, very happy you’ve become a part of my life.
23.Post a favorite childhood photograph of yourself.
Not precisely my favorite, I think it’s in a box at my brother’s with a few thousand other ones. But I was pretty cute before I could talk.
I'm not going to tag anyone, but childhood photos of Tate and Tony would be fun :)