Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Joy to the world, and all that jazz.

By way of the always interesting Citizen of the World a little Christmas meme. As I am sure y'all don't want to hear anymore whining, and surely no more youthful indiscretions.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A mix of both, I like a little variety. Plus, lets face it, some items can really be a pain in the ass to wrap.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, I’m allergic to artificial anything.

3. When do you put up the tree? When do you take the tree down? Up- December 14th. Yes, really. That sucker gets pitched off the back deck by dark on New Year’s Day. Having the thing around for a month and a half sort of takes the festive part of it out of the proceedings for me.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes actually, I have an excellent recipe, it uses rum, irish whisky and brandy- what's not to like? The commercial crap, not so much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A red bike on my 10th birthday.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Baby Sister.

8. Easiest person to buy for? The Hurricane.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, I expect they’d take my agnostic card away..

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Depends on the recipient and how far behind I happen to be running.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A truly hideous dress from my husband. And I do mean hideous! Coco was in heaven crying I tell you!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I see something I know is perfect I pick it up, no matter the time of year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I am ashamed to admit, yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? That list is way too long to fit here.

16. Lights on the tree? White fairy lights.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? It’s a toss up"Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella" or “I Saw Three Ships”

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home, period. Long story involving childhood travels on Christmas Day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, a large red bow.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, the balance of the loot they have to wait, because I’m sadistic like that.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude, obnoxious behavior. OK, it’s annoying all the time, but seems to run rampant this time of the year.

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Three guesses and the first two don’t count..

24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Someone else doing the dishes.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well Santa, since you asked… World peace, a stabilized economy, and end to global warming. Oh, and if it’s not too much trouble I’d like a ticket to Mexico in my stocking and for my ass to look like it did when I was thirty.


May you all be well and safe and surrounded by those you love. And in the spirit of all the sharing my darling Wills has been doing with his favorite carols, here we have my two favorites.



And Gavin, forgive me for featuring the MTC, but it really is the loveliest arrangement I've ever heard of the song..


8 comments:

Willym said...

Would that begin with an R end with a D and have an E in the middle?

That is a great version of BTJI.

Will give you a call before the day is out.

Baci di Roma

Anonymous said...

Everywhere I go, I'm seeing this meme. Cool.

I don't think it's sadistic to make the kids wait to openmost of their stuff Christmas morning - otherwise, what would they do Christmas morning?

Gavin said...

It's Christmas...all is forgiven. :)

Have a festive holiday!!!

sageweb said...

Very cool meme. I like the songs too. Have a great holiday!!

Doralong said...

Wills- you go to the head of the class. And sorry I missed you!

Citizen- it was a fun and pretty painless one actually. And my point exactly!

Gavin- Thanks for the special dispensation!

Sage- And you and Homer have yourselves a Merry little Christmas too!

Sling said...

Sting doing Christmas carols!!..Outstanding!
Merry Christmas doll. :)

Kimberly Ann said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

billy pilgrim said...

merry bloody xmas

i get infinite entertainment from creating alternative histories with my nativity scene.