Saturday, September 01, 2007

So, how have y'all been?

Hello boys and girls.. everyone doing OK out there I hope? No I didn’t fall off the face of the earth. Nor did I change my name to Lola and move to Vegas to deal cards, in spite of the frequent threat to do just that. And thanks to you precious dears (you know who you are) that emailed to inquire as to my whereabouts.

Nothing monumental- just been busy, with a recurrence of the ennui as well, I do admit. I took on a contract job that I really didn’t want to deal with, as I knew it was a major mess, and straightening it out would be a royal pain in the ass. Sometimes being right is highly overrated But ‘tis the season for back to school, and kids are not in any way cheap. So between the project, the kiddos and the ongoing renovations, I’ve been a very busy girl.

Granted, the Hurricane entered double digits- requiring a 2 day fest of crazed little boys running through the casa. Baby sister decided to have an existential crisis, and yours truly had to face turning 46.. Yeah, we’ll deal with that later. Had to do the school shopping trip with Miss Thing, which always necessitates one or more of the adopted female children coming along, which I generally don’t mind. This year however, as we are entering high school- much sturm und drang had to accompany said trip. Sigh..

In short- some things never change, do they?

11 comments:

Dan said...

I'm glad you are OK. I was beginning to wonder if you brushed too many times with Chinese toothpaste!

Sling said...

I was off the grid for a bit me'self.
Nice to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm exhausted just reading about this! Happy belated n' stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,
I'm back now too, after falling off the face of the earth. It's been an incredibly frenetic summer at the studio, and I needed some decompression time to relax, play some poker, and be lazy away from the job. I think I am back on schedule now, but if the calendar is any indication, I'm gonna need another break in a month or two...

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan- Nope, sticking with the Crest.. and reading my labels very carefully these days!

Sling- just watch where you sell that soul buddy! Glad to see you back!

Hat- Tell me about it! And thanks darlin'- more on the ahem, "big day" later..

Hey Tater baby! Glad all is well. You still heading my way for the 15th? Humm? Email me brother dear- I'd be right put out if we didn't hook up!

more cowbell said...

No, some things never do change. I'm pretty sure the last 11 checks in the checkbook have been to the school district for some fee or other cost.

BigAssBelle said...

yay! glad to see you back!!

Anonymous said...

I've missed you, but I understand ennui. When one's life becomes so busy that one can't see straight, well, one just has to kick back for a while. Glad to see you back on your blog.

evilganome said...

Glad to see you back. Was there something going around this summer. I've been a bit crazed myself. I had hoped things would calm down by now. We all know what thought did.

I'm looking forward to hearing about it all.

Anonymous said...

You okay? It's been awhile, and I miss you.

Doralong said...

Hey Tater bug- I'm OK, I promise, I'll email ya with the details..