Saturday, January 05, 2008

10 Things-

My dear virtual brother Tater has decided that as long as he was humiliating himself, Hat and I ought to mortify ourselves as well. Gee, thanks dear, now I really know you care.. Well this few minutes of embarrassment is better than the home improvement hell in my basement at the moment, so on with the show!


1) Three Exes I would pretend not to know today:

Joe- because we were both such immature assholes. Dave- stalking is just not cool, why could you not just behave like a normal person? Four dates did not qualify me as your life partner. Tammy (don’t give me that look) who couldn't fathom that love and sex can be two completely different things- in spite of the fact that I was painfully clear on that point.


2) The most scandalous rumor to pass through my high school..

That a certain junior gave birth, and proceeded to stuff the baby in a drawer. Sadly it turned out to be true. Baby died and she went to an asylum for a while.


3) The time I Knew Santa didn’t exist.

I seem to recall I was about 8. Brother #2 told me the cold hard facts and I didn’t want to believe him. That Christmas Eve I saw Daddy hauling a bike out of the back of the station wagon and hiding it in the garage, so I sadly knew he was right.


4) The funniest thing I did in a house of worship.

Does sex count as funny?


5) Best excuse I came up with for being out past curfew.

I dropped a friend off at his house after the basketball game and I got lost on my way home. Hey, a person can get lost for three hours, really! Yeah well, they didn't buy it either.


6) Saturday cartoon character I had a crush on.

Race Bannon in Johnny Quest. I think it was the voice that did me in.


7)Cartoon character I wanted to be.

Never noticed a lot of strong female types other than Wonder Woman, though her accessories do totally rock. . I was more of a comic book type myself- the Marvel collection my parents tossed when I moved out could put both my kids through college AND grad school! I’d have to say either Red Sonja or Medusa from the Inhumans. They both kicked some serious ass.


8)Foods I can no longer stomach.

Never could tolerate beef liver or beets. Sorry, they just taste like dirt, and nasty dirt at that.


9)Tacky pick up line you used that worked.

I was never in the habit of picking up strange men.. I let them do the work.


10)Secret Hangover recipe.

Lots of water before bed. Then in the morning (or afternoon, as the case may be) a very large glass of tomato juice, hash browns and then a Bloody Mary or two.

So now I guess I get to pass the mortification around, hey- misery loves company people. I was going to pick on Red. But since I have to face him in a couple of weeks and I don't want him throwing spider rolls at me, I decided to be charitable. You now owe me a drink dear.. My left coast buddy Sling, having such an interesting life- ought to provide us all with some illuminating answers. That and I am sure he has a secret hangover cure we could all benefit from. And my darling Will, because such a cultured gentleman as himself must have some interesting answers as well.. that and I want to distract him for a wee bit.

Have a swell Saturday my dears, I now need to go face that large hole in the side of my house and try not to cry.

19 comments:

evilganome said...

I can totally see Race Bannon. I had a crush on him too. Hangovers, spicy virgin mary with a raw egg beaten into it. (swear to god, it worked like a charm) I never have liked and cannot be persuaded that I ever will like tripe. Um, about it. Sorry the part about the baby in the drawer was just creepy and sad.

Good luck with the basement disaster. I'm sure your faithful readers will be hearing about it.

sageweb said...

Had to hop over from tater to see your answers. Good job. They are actually really fun to read. I feel like a peeping tom. I want to know why Hat is not addressing this...I am on pins and needles for her answers. Okay back to hitting refresh on her site until she answers the questions

Doralong said...

Tony- Glad I'm not the only one.. it was the voice and the manly biceps, right? And yes dear, a basement update will be forthcoming.. if only to keep me from screaming at someone. Because we all know that's not ladylike at all.

Sage- Well it was awfully sweet of you to drop in, do come on by any time you like. Miss Hat will take her own sweet time honey, be patient.

Sling said...

Oh...I see..I come rushing over to chastise that bad Tater,and fall right into your trap!..and I don't believe for one second that you never used a pick up line on a guy...so there. :P
My answers will be forthcoming.

Anonymous said...

You are a champ for doing this, I hate them too. I did find out some more about you though. Sorry I missed you yesterday, We were out of the house all day, and yours truly left his cell on the counter. I will be trying you later today...

Red Seven said...

I had a crush on Race Bannon, too. But you're correct, Sling will have a much better hangover cure than mine (which is basically yours plus three buffered aspirin with the water).

And darling, I would never throw a spider roll in anger. Those things are 'spensive!!

Doralong said...

Sling- I'm sneaky that way ;) But you know you still love me anyway.. Does batting your lashes count as a line?

Tate- No doubt more than you ever wanted to know. But, you brought it upon yourself.

Red- True cheap they're not, but damn they are so good!

Anonymous said...

Okay, between your 'casual' Tammy comment and your Marvel confessions of Red Sonja, I am seriously re-considering the housewife proposal. (:
'Cept I do lurve me some beef liver. Gotta have it like, I dunno, once a year. With carmelized onions and brown gravy? Oy! Deeeeelish.

Doralong said...

Hat- Didn't say I couldn't cook it- I just don't eat it.. I keep telling you, we'll paint the guest room however you wish..

BigAssBelle said...

it's always fun to find out unknown tidbits about online friends. fucking in church? dang, honey. you've got me beat all to hell.

Doralong said...

Lynette- No, actually I'm going to hell.. there's a difference.

Willym said...

You are so bad - no wonder I love you! And of course sex counts as funny - think about it! At times even ridiculous.

Off topic but just to answer your concerns: Laurent is back and I am working on a short post about it. And he says to thank you for your thoughts and caring.

billy pilgrim said...

as long as he keeps giving presents, he exists.

when he quits giving presents, he quits existing.

quid pro quo.

Doralong said...

Wills- I'm an evil bitch, we all know it.. And thanks for being a good sport anyway ;) I always rather wondered what an alien race would think viewing two humans having at it... I'm glad Laurent is home safe and sound and hope the trip went well for him and his mother is doing well. Or well- all things considered? Oh hell- you know what I mean.

Billy- And there you have the entire crux of the matter in a nutshell my dear.

Elizabeth said...

" because we were both such immature assholes."
Young love, ain't it grand! Oh my goodness, I'm so glad to be a grown up when I think back....

And I'm impressed! I never would have had the nerve to crush on Race Bannon. So mature. I had to stick with Johny Q.

I agree. Liver is repulsive. "Dirt," sums it right up.

alto said...

"I was never in the habit of picking up strange men.. I let them do the work."

Qualifies in the priceless gold category of short, terse responses. I promise to always appropriately attribute.

Anonymous said...

Knock knock! Anyone home? Missing my Dora posts...

BBC said...

4) The funniest thing I did in a house of worship.

Does sex count as funny?


Yeah, that's sort of funny, darn sure interesting. There is a UU Fellowship near me, has a nice burning chalice window at one end of it. I would love to get it on with the right gal under that window.

Doralong said...

Elizabeth- no doubt! I make a much better adult post 40 ;)

Al- Some basic truths require no verbose justification. That and I'm a born smart ass..

tate- Been busy wallowing in self pity- sorry!

BBC- Well, it was unique, no doubt about it!