Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy, busy, busy..

I have been properly chastised for not at least trying to pop in on a more regular basis around these parts. Things have been just bat shit crazy the past couple of weeks. The end of school was the usual rush of multiple functions, final exam stress spillover and other fun bits. I'm trying to get Daddy's 80th birthday party pulled together. You try pulling one of those off in a rehab facility..OY!! My advice? Don't. What a pain in the ass. You'd think birthdays were some sort of foreign concept to these people or something.

And, as a few of you know, I finally got a job! Why yes I realize two kids, a house, two dogs and a helpless man is a full time job, thank you very much- I mean the kind with a check and a retirement plan. I'll still be working out of the house until probably early September, and I can't say going back to herding doctors was really what I wanted to do, but hey I'm good at it and he's willing to pay me a more than reasonable salary. He's very nice, and very young. I'll have to stop referring to him as "Doogie Howser, M.D." or it's going to slip out at an inopportune moment if I'm not careful. I think it will be a good match in the long run, an earnest and bright but naive young man such as himself needs a mean old bitch like me to look out for him. Starting a practice from scratch is quite a task, but one I've done before, so in the long run I think everyone will come out OK on this deal.

Be happy, and be nice to each other ut there. Carry on..

7 comments:

evilganome said...

I knew you were still alive, but that's cause I called. Glad the school madness is over for the summer. Dad's 80th, at a rehab facility! Woman, you're a saint! I get scared just thinking about those nurses.

Good luck with the new job. Just throw us a bone once in a while.

Doralong said...

Tony- No actually I'm a determined idiot..

Anonymous said...

Actually you are a brilliant, caring, supportive, giving, and kind person, who gets her bitch on when it is appropriate and necessary. I say stockpile cash until the kids are done with schooling, retain a kickass lawyer, and then join the blogger commune in the south of France that we will start planning tomorrow. Tony can be in charge of the Gardens, Farmboyz our spiritual guide, you and I will cook and produce cookbooks for sale, Al can be editor in Chief, Wills will be in charge of our choir, Lynette our spokesperson... I am leaving out too many folks and functions, but you get the idea.

Doralong said...

Tate- Only if we can have a summer home in Tuscany too..

Kimberly Ann said...

Good luck with the new job. New doctors must be like new lawyers - you get to mold them and what's better than that?

Willym said...

Okay why does this new job sound like the makings of a TV series? And where the hell do you get the "old" nonsense?

I may just start working on that place in Tuscany but Umbria is the up and coming place. We should get there before the Brits take it over. Nothing against Brits just saying!

Good luck with the birthday - does that mean you're acting as family shepard????

And you know there is nothing scary as a patient that realizing that your doctor's mother wasn't even born when you had your first physical!

Doralong said...

KA- yep, I get to train him to do things my way right from the get go, it's a win win proposition.

Wills- Well by all means, lets start looking now before they gentrify it and jack the real estate up too high!!
And you're right, my professional life has always been about as nutty as my home life, so I'm sure there's a sitcom in there someplace..