Sunday, March 23, 2008

My life in a series of four..

Dear Cousin Lorraine tagged me for the quadruplet meme.. Thanks darling.. So kids, numerous dull facts that you no doubt never wanted to know about me-

Four Jobs I have had in my life:

Office Manager

House wares Buyer

Line Bitch

Event planner/caterer



Four Movies I would watch/have watched over and over:

Fried Green Tomatoes

Escape from New York-
(Don’t care what you say it’s an absolute classic)

The Princess Bride

A River Runs Through It



Four Places I have lived:

Charlottesville, VA

Chapel Hill, NC

NY, NY

Arlington, VA


Four TV Shows that I watch:

Ugly Betty

Project Runway

No Reservations

*That caps it, all my real favs have been canceled- Deadwood, Six Feet Under, Dead Like Me, The Office (the real one, not the US version) , Stargate, The West Wing*


Four Places I have visited:

I shall only list my four favorite cities..

San Francisco

San Juan

Toronto

Savannah


Four People who email me regularly:

Gayl

Frank

Wills (sorta- but his always make me happy)

Boots



Four Favorite Foods:

Ham
(Actually pork in any form-)

Raspberries

Turnip Greens
(Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it)

Foie gras




Four Places I would like to be right now:

Tahiti

Cap d’ Antibes

San Francisco

Hatteras Island



Four Things I am looking forward to this year:

The big gay slumber party.
(I’m working on it boys- promise! You need at least one obligatory estrogen accessory)

A week in NOLA visiting Buddyboy in July.

Miss Thing getting her driver’s license.
(yes, really)

Finding a decent job (I’m trying to do the positive outlook thing here, work with me)




Four People who should post Four Things:

Jeff

Gavin

Red

Sling

13 comments:

Sling said...

Just when I thought it was safe to walk into your blog.. ;)
I would liked to have seen Pesident Bartlett elected to a few more terms myself.

Doralong said...

Sling- Well, we both know I'm just a bitch like that.. But your answers will be far more interesting than mine! Yep- I'd have voted Jed in more than twice, no doubt about it..

yellowdoggranny said...

the guy who played the gay brother on 6 feet under is on dexter..which is on sunday nights(also a showtime show) and it's soo creepy and he's terrific in it...

i love any kind of greens...collards, mustard,spinach,etc..with a little fat back or bacon...sigh*

Anonymous said...

I loved Fried Green Tomatoes. (And have lived in Charlottesville - great town.)

sageweb said...

That was fun to read. I loved the real Office too

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter back at you, you gorgeous Miss Thang. I liked your four things post, and will use it as inspiration for my own (Wills Tagged me). I love turnips of any form, greens rock, especially cooked with some smokehouse bacon. YUM! I made rack of lamb for the extended family, and we feasted like swine. Hope you and yours had a wonderful day! I am glad you are still working on making it to New York, estrogen is badly needed. Eric is planning on a day trip up on Saturday because of his new job, hopefully you can at least do a day trip, if not the whole weekend!

Willym said...

Line Bitch! Line bitch? And what pray tell is a Line bitch?

Can I join you at Cap d'Antibes? I'll bring this big Parma ham...

Anonymous said...

I completely agree on SF, Savannah, foie gras, Six Feet Under, & Escape From New York (always had a bit of a thing for Mr. Russel). And if you get back to Toronto you have a standing invitation for dinner!

billy pilgrim said...

even tho deadwood has been canceled, i'm still watching it.

in my little world, deadwood reruns are far better than any first run junk currently running. i'd like to see e.b. debate those 2 windbags who are currently debating each other ad infinitum.

Anonymous said...

Turnip greens?! Seriously now of alllllll the foods in allllll the world, top four includes turnip greens?! Hi! I'm back. Oh you know you missed me.

Doralong said...

Granny- he is excellent, isn't he? And yep, I'll take greens any way I can get them, turnip just happens to be my favorite.

Citizen- It is a pretty sewll little town, isn't it?

Sage- Merely my opinion, but far superior to the US version.

Tate- yep, Wills beat me to the punch, that's what I get for being fashionably late..And I am working on it, promise!

Wills, you can join me anywhere sugar! Especially if you bring me a ham! Line Bitch- line cook, term generally used in the kitchen of a "white tablecloth" variety of establishment.

Billy- I agree totally!



Al- I get up there and you're on!

Hat- you cook 'em right and they are the food of the gods my dear. And yes, I did miss you!

Jeff said...

Thanks for the call.

I finished my homework now- can I go out and play?

Doralong said...

Jeff- Yes, you may. Be home in time for supper.