Thursday, July 03, 2008

Only in my world..

Heading out for our interrupted vacation here in a bit- I'll tell you the entire tale later, but the reader's digest condensed version is as follows:

The lake house was rented last week by a pack 'o Bubbas. The Bubbas decided to do a fish fry the last night they had the rental. The Bubbas proceeded to catch the kitchen on fire (yes, really). Couldn't check in as planned, thankfully the nice owner called before we had hit the road.

So, no lake house.. The Beast took matters in his own hands and made reservations at a resort in Williamsburg. I was OK with this, there are some pretty swanky resorts down that way. Oh hell no, he booked us into The Great Wolf Lodge. Mickey Mouse mated with a she wolf from Alaska and they spat this chain of "family friendly" resorts out.. Great, screaming munchkins en masse running about, with an indoor waterpark and ghastly decor to boot. At least there's a full service bar and a spa.

I'll tell you all the no doubt interesting details upon my return. And if you see something on CNN about a murder/suicide in those parts, you'll know the true story.

Have a swell holiday my dears!

10 comments:

evilganome said...

Oh nooooo.... I hope the bar is complimentary! Call me before you do anything rash.

sageweb said...

Bummer...well atleast there is a bar...

yellowdoggranny said...

i can go as high as $500 bail, anything more than that...your on your own..have fun...is the full service bar in the spa?

Jeff said...

No murder suicides, please- July has always been too dramatic for me and I haven't anything decent in black to wear.

Can I fix you a Martini?

Willym said...

The best laid plans o' mice and men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

No, not something you'd want to try and say after a few trips to the bar but... and what the hell is an "agley" anyway?

Try and have a good time anyway darling and just remind yourself that you may be able to use this trip as leverage for something better, later.

Sling said...

Suddenly,I have an irresistable urge to watch 'The Shining'..

billy pilgrim said...

how often do they change the water in the indoor water park?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll admit, when I first read this I was thinking how bad could it be? I mean really, it may be a bit rustic, but isn't that the point of a lake house?

Then I did a little google search.

I am so, so sorry for every waking minute you will spend at that bastion of complete tackiness. Though I can't feel too sorry for you, as if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be experiencing the mind numbing headaches that occur after listening to four wolves in a convertible do a little jingle.

Enough said.

Kimberly Ann said...

Perhaps the Goddess heard your thoughts about the scaling of the fish and took matters into her own hands to get you to the Wolf Lodge place. The Goddess just might be Eris, though.

Go for the works at the spa.
Have fun!

Doralong said...

Tony- There's a good reason it isn't, trust me!

Sage- You don't know how thankful I was!

Granny- it's a comfort to know you got my back.

Jeff- Yes, please. Or two.

Wills- payback is a bitch!

Sling- you know what? Coming down the long hall to the room the forst time Miss Thing noted it really did look like the hallway from that movie ;)

Billy- Thankfully, state of the art filtration!

Al- So happy I can share the joy! Let it suffice to say I was very happy to get back to my non-rustic home!!

KA- That thought did occur to me..