Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why not?

The conversation went something like this:


The Beast- The weather's really getting bad. Let's go to Mexico.

Me-OK honey, my S.A.D. is getting bad- April, May, when?

Him- I was thinking next week. You hate this time of year.

Me- Huh?

Him- No -really, fuck it let's just go.

Me- Umm, really? Next week?

Him- What the hell, whatever -let's just go.

Me- OK- Honey some people just do this sort of shit at the spur of the moment. We aren't those people. Those people only exist on TV.

Him- Next week we are those people.

Me- OK, works for me. Are you sure about this? It's a little crazy.

Him- We've earned a little crazy the last few months don't you think? And this way I don't have to hear you whine about packing your butt into a bathing suit for three months. Everyone wins.

Me- I'll go get some fresh sunscreen tomorrow.



See y'all when we get back from the Riviera Maya..

12 comments:

sageweb said...

oh you are so lucky and so spur of the moment. I love that.

Sling said...

How cool is the beast?..TOTALLY cool!
Have fun doll!

Willym said...

I just know that bathing suit is... red!

Have a wonderfull time and that's some Beast you go there lady.

baci

Gavin said...

Do you follow Blobby? He is there right now and has been posting the last couple of days. Check him out at http://blobbysblog.wordpress.com

Have a great time!!!

Doralong said...

Sage- I think it's a reaction to his near death experience. Whatever, I'm going with it!

Sling- The man does indeed have his moments. I reckon that's why I haven't killed him yet.

Wills- How did you know? OK, only two of them, the balance are basic black- more *ahem* slimming you know.And I'm going to have enough fun for me and a couple of other people honey!

Gavin- I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Ahem Not all those people who travel soontaneously are on TV.

Have a great time.

evilganome said...

Woooo-hoooooo! And I was just going to call you to see how things are going. Sounds like they will be going great at least for a week. Have fun toots! Could you send some tan up to me, it's 18 degrees F here in Boston.

Doralong said...

Citizen- True enough. You got me on that you as you are indeed quite the spontaneous traveler!

Tony- What, so now you aren't going to call?? Unless the villagers come out with the torches and pitchforks after my appearance in a bathing suit- it ought to be a swell time!

Elizabeth said...

Sweetie, you so deserve this! Have a blast.

Jeff said...

Have an awesome time- you deserve it!

Doralong said...

Elizabeth- I don't know about deserving- but I sure as hell need it!

Jeff- See above :)

Tate said...

Yay! Have fun sunshine!