Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm so lazy

I declared today a mental health day. And instead of feeling guilty about the mile long list ‘o crap that needs doing, I’ve allowed myself to realize it flat out ain’t going anywhere. It may be a bad attitude, but it’s the one I’ve currently got- so there.

Woke up to a dreary, rainy day again. YAY! I swear it’s been so dry I actually heard the woods collectively sign in relief when the rain finally set in the other day. It’s cooled off quite a bit, compared to the 85 degrees just a few days ago, so it’s a soup cooking kind of day. So there’s a nice big pot of steak and mushroom soup simmering. I got the jones for Rosemary Olive bread, so there are a couple of loaves rising. Cool, got dinner covered at least.

I am a little put out that the Thursday rerun of Tim Gunn got preempted for that dumb Housewives of OC show.. that would have indeed been the icing on my little lazy cake.

Humm.. messed around with my MacGourmet files and cleaned out some of the clutter there. Tater Bug- if you don’t have it, you gotta get it!

Moving right along- Boss is coming for a little visit tomorrow! it’s been a long while between visits and I really miss the big lug. While we talk and email, and still tend to finish one another’s sentences and all, I just miss hanging out with him. When someone you’re that close to up and moves, I think the hole in your heart never really goes away. But I’m focusing on the happy happy joy joy of seeing my dear friend bit right now- not the damn you why did you have to up and move part. Lunch at our favorite restaurant is going to be about it, as he’s got other commitments- but it’s awfully dear of him to truck all he way out here from NOVA just for lunch with little ole me.

Took the request for photographic evidence that my ass can still get into a dress I purchased in 1979 under advisement- we’ll see. Much like Cowbell and her preference that the ex not show up on her virtual doorstep, my very public private diary is sort of my place to decompress. Not sure I want my friends and family there in truth. It sometimes feel like 98% of my life consists of dealing with other people’s shit (I know, I know- Duh.. you have kids) it’s the one little space that’s all mine, all the time and I don’t have to concern myself with anything other that what I choose to.


But for the moment I’m going to pour a nice glass of wine and go park my butt in the Jacuzzi before the heathens come charging in. Y’all have a lovely afternoon!

7 comments:

Sling said...

"I declared today a mental health day. And instead of feeling guilty about the mile long list ‘o crap that needs doing, I’ve allowed myself to realize it flat out ain’t going anywhere. It may be a bad attitude, but it’s the one I’ve currently got- so there."..

That is the perfect attitude toward mental health days!..Steak and mushroom soup,and Rosemary bread,sounds like a great mental health dinner too.

Lorraine said...

I am all for the mental health day. I even allow The Child one a year. And I'm coming to your house for dinner.

Anonymous said...

I will have to look into the whole mac gourmet thing, sounds like another project to keep me away from the drudgey things I need to accomplish. I understand the need for privacy, my sister recently discovered my blog. Thank goodness she and I get along so well, and I haven't had to vent about our relationship. In any case, you can crop the photo and still give us the goods without threatening your serenity. we just want to look at your ass in leather anyway. ;) Mental Health days are a great thing, and so is fresh baked bread. If I weren't gay and married, I would propose on the spot!

Doralong said...

Sling- yep, that's my story, and I'm stickin' with it!

Lorraine- Come on over, just grab an extra bottle of Cab Sav on the way, dinner's around 7:30..

Tate- you'll love it, it's an iTunes library for your foodie stuff! It rocks! I'd rather keep you as my brother anyway ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not THAT ugly am I?

Doralong said...

Tater- you are absolutely precious and you know it! We could have a blissful marriage actually. Ab-Fab house, amazing dinners and loads of fun. We'd just be having sex with other people ') I have no problem with that actually- but Jim and The Beast might..

So I expect you're stuck with being my brother.. And I love you either way. You decide to be single, call me baby, we'll work it out.

more cowbell said...

Isn't it funny how people love to comment on asses? When the subject of assage comes up, commenters are all over that shit.

And Tater -- you're totally crushing on all the girls. (your sister? ohgawd what if my mom finds mine...)

Well, no pressure on the privacy thing, although Tater Trollop's suggestion of cropping is one to consider.