Monday, October 22, 2007

So, how have y'all been?

My it’s been a busy few weeks here at Casa de Locos..

The usual mayhem. The ongoing fight with the school board- more on that later.. The never freaking ending renovations- which somehow seem to have landed all in my lap. Baby Sister took a vacation (finally- YAY!) Which meant me taking care of Daddy. And just stuff.

For my loyal readers, both of you- all is well, thanks for emailing. Let’s see.. renovations. As the job hunt accelerated (46 year old mothers of two with experience smell bad or cost too much I’m not sure which) I realize I best get all the odds and ends finished. Damn, that’s a LOT of odds and ends people. I spent the entire damn summer working on this stuff and there’s still a mile long list.

The getting whatever cash I can via the Virtual Assistant route.. well it is money, I just seem to always land the problem children.. I really need to set my rates higher. Have to check with the Hat and get the website thing cranking on a higher level I guess.

Homecoming- girlie drama and shoe trauma, need I say more?

Humm, let’s see.. the annual Dora cuts loose weekend.. The Beast and I do a big Halloween Costume Ball every year and that tends to be the one weekend my reformed solid citizen self gets her freak on.. Yeah, I go for the costume thing big time. And no, I can’t do out of the box, I have to go crazy.. My personal past favorite was the Trinity costume- hey I was hitting the gym big time then and it looked pretty damn good. I was lost for inspiration this year and happened to be doing a closet clean out when I ran across a black leather dress I bought in 1979 (yes you read that right) and said “Pat Benatar!!” Hey what else would a 5’5” chick with really short black hair do with a black leather dress from the late seventies I ask? Lorraine, you’d have totally loved it! Everyone in the house over 35 got it right away.

So, went forth and had big fun- Sunday brunch did require a Bloody Mary, I must confess. Get home and get everyone together and make with the quiet Sunday- which I really needed. I don’t do that party thing much these days, I’m old it takes me time to recover..

Wake up Monday morning at the usual 6:30- look out the kitchen window and see something white strewn about the right side of the yard. Humm.. well still a bit too dark out, and my ass isn’t traipsing down there during bear breakfast time to investigate. Get the kiddos to school and come back to take a look see. Well, the Hurricane had an archery target stashed under his fort and one (or more) of our teenage boy bears decided it would make a fun toy. A 3x3x1 block of solid Styrofoam mauled by a bear over a three acre perimeter makes one hell of a mess.. Ya can’t rake it and picking it up by hand is a bitch, and a leaf blower just tosses it into the woods and I fear for birds and other small critters ingesting it. Let’s just say it took all damn day and my back hurts like hell.


So, how was your weekend?

13 comments:

Sling said...

Well..Where's the pix of the black leather skirt?..just for purely archival purposes you see.
Boys will be Bears..

evilganome said...

Okay, I am so impressed with the black leather dress. The only way I could fit into anything from my wardrobe circa 1979 would require axle grease and a block and tackle.

As for the bears, holy smokes! The real question is how the hell DID you get all that styrofoam up?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Sling (although I imagine my motives are much more pure) - show us that skirt!
Also, as for my motives - that may or may not be true.

Doralong said...

Sling- leave it to you ;)

EG- Well, not to be immodest I am indeed still a size 4 after all these eons. The clean up was a real bitch- hand picking crap out of the grass and the woods. Then calling one of the neighbors that has big boy toys and borrowing the big mower with the vac bag on the back and adjusting it to no mow.. It took all damn day- but I feared for the critters, so it was worth the pain in the lumbar area.

Hat- pure motives, right.. personally I have no problem with that ;) Get 20 requests and I'll post them. Hah! I win, that ain't never gonna happen!

Anonymous said...

Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!
Show us the skirt!

Anonymous said...

And that, kiddies, is what's known in the real world as 'persistence'. It is also known as 'irritating' and sometimes 'stalking'. But for our purposes, we will be using 'persistence'.

Doralong said...

So, Miss Hat- might I inquire as to what state you were admitted to the bar?

more cowbell said...

Ditto the Hat:

Show us the skirt!

Come on -- you're a size 4, what can you possibly have to be afraid of?

more cowbell said...

PS: What would Jackie do? I'm pretty sure she'd show us the damned skirt.

Anonymous said...

Jackie WOULD show us the skirt, and she would be wearing a leather pillbox hat, leather gloves to the elbow, and a cute matching handbag.

Show us the skirt.

Glad to have you back, and I hope I was considered one of the two, you being my virtual sister and all.

Doralong said...

CB- I kind of like being anonymous ;)

Tate- You know you're always number one, you being my virtual brother and all. And for the record I do have opera gloves ;)

Lorraine said...

Lovin' the Pat Benetar concept...must see, must see.

Bears?

Doralong said...

Lorraine- yep bears. Wander back into August if you're bored one day, I have pictures of the boys posted there someplace or another.