Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Had someone told me a year ago that there would be people in my life that I had never met in the flesh that would become so very, very dear to me- and steer me through some rather hard days, I’d have told them they were barking mad. Life’s funny like that, huh?

My love and wishes dears-

Tater Bug- my dear, sweet virtual brother. I wish upon you peace my dear and strength in the days ahead. Take the gift of what reconciliation you have with your daddy honey and cherish it for what it is. Curious how someone I never got to hug in “reality” has found such a place in my heart..

Hat- Whenever I talk to you, I really do have to remind myself we actually haven’t been friends for decades. Crazy, isn’t it? May the coming year give you more outlets for your brilliance dear girl. The Hurricane sends kisses ;)

Cousin Rainey- So, the reunion is in August, we’ll be expecting you dear. Talk about your crazy karmic coincidences, huh??? Steak & Mushroom soup recipe will be en route to you soon. Best to you, and the Spouse and the Child. Generate some good vibes for my heathen ass this season..

Red- You precious thing you- I’m working on finding a husband worthy of you honey. Tall order, to say the least! But I’ll be trekking to Tysons soon so we can sit down and talk about it.. And trust me buddy, to get me into that neck of the woods takes something pretty damn important.

Sling- get on with your bad ass self.. You sir, are a gentleman of the old school, right and proper. And I indeed mean that in the best way possible. Be safe, watch your possessions and much love to you and the Slinglets..

Wills- your sweet and constant good cheer has made many a bad day better my friend. Be well and give Laurent and Reesie baby a little snuggle just for the hell of it from me. Oh, and I hope Laurent’s trip to see his Mamma goes well- though I imagine that will be the proverbial bag of mixed blessings.. bless his heart- wish there was some wise thing I could say to make it all go away..

Cowbell- Every time I want to get a real case of the ass about the universe, I look at how you manage it and feel inspired, and I thank you for that. You are quite an amazing person and seeing the world from your point of view never fails to either expand my little universe, or validate what I already knew. Enjoy your time with the three offspring, and I pray for no unpleasant issues from the OMFH for at least a few weeks!

Jeff- hang in there sugar! If there were words that could make the next few months somehow easier for you, I wish I knew what they were! All I can say is I genuinely know how hard it is to let go dear, just don’t assume you have to all at once.. Actually, don’t even try- you’ll just have to trust me on that one.

EG- You never fail to make me laugh, think, or do both at the same time! You’ve brightened many a day for me and I do thank you sir.. However it does bear repeating that yours truly has a thing for red angora.. just sayin’ And yes, I am actually shameless.

Gavin- Between the hunk, the douche and the pretty pictures you always make a bright spot in my day. And for that, I genuinely am thankful.

Miss Lynette- My blog Mamma.. you actually were the reason I started my very public private diary. Not that my occasional rants hold a candle to your brilliant writing- you were however the spark. May your holiday be bright (as in WITH electricity) and I hope you and Mike enjoy nothing but the best the coming year may bring.

And to anyone I didn’t mention- nothing personal! I’m way behind in the kitchen department since the lights went out yet again today and if this doesn’t get done now, it pretty much won’t get done at all…

May you and yours enjoy peace, the love of one another and all that fills your heart with joy.

14 comments:

Gavin said...

Thank you for including me on this list. I am among a wonderful group.

Happy Holidays to you, too. And if you find any hot hunks that Red7 casts off, keep me in mind! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't made many lists, because I tend to stand in the back of the room and crack wise with people like Gavin and you, my dear. A very merry Christmas, and check your e-mail. Coffee Talk?

Doralong said...

Gavin- I'll start trolling in that neck of the woods darlin'- you're enough of a catch that it ought not to be all that hard..

tate- Be ringing shortly sweetie.. And the people in the back of the room generally tend to be more amusing anyway..

billy pilgrim said...

merry xmas.

i'll be at the volunteer fire department hall paying homage to the real heroes.

evilganome said...

Merry Christmas Doralong! You are quite a pistol your own self. Red angora, huh?

more cowbell said...

Hey Miss Doralong -- thank you so much for the good words. A merry day to you and yours, peace, love, and enjoy your family today.

Sling said...

That was sweet!..Thanks for the kind words. :)
I hope you had a joyful Christmas day doralong.

BigAssBelle said...

you are a precious soul, missy. i hope you've had a lovely holiday. it is amazing, isn't it, how connections can be forged through this stupid mechanical thing on the desk? amazing.

Kimberly Ann said...

I hope your Christmas was truly wonderful. Happy New Year!

Willym said...

I look at the people on that list and I too am struck by how many Blog friends I've found in the past year. People who have wit, wisdom, the ability to laugh at themselves and with others; people who have the gift of communication in words and pictures; people with such differing interests from but a common compassion for others. Its a remarkable group of people.

Laurent wants to thank you for thinking of him - again I am struck by how many people we know who are being confronted with the horror of Alzheimers. Sadly the only thing we can offer is our understanding and love.

love to you and yours

Will, Laurent and Reese

Lorraine said...

I am honored. Seriously. Merry Christmas, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Ack! I am just now reading this? pft. Hope your holidays were and are deeeeelightful!

Jeff said...

On the third day of Christmas, I got my dsl restored. Preferable to french hens in my book.

Seriously pleased to make your Christmas list, this little virtual network is keeping me going these days. I am very grateful for all of your kindness.

Happy Holidays

Doralong said...

Billy- a good place to be. And Ruby no doubt likes the company of the spotty pups ;)

EG- I have my moments. And yep- a total slut for red angora, or cashmere. Sad- isn't it?

CB- well no sick dogs, so it was all good!

Sling- dude, if I had known it was your birthday I'd have baked you a cake!

Lynette- it is amazing, on so many levels.

KA- and yours as well!!

Wills- hope Laurent had a safe journey and he bears up well, as you've had enough to deal with here of late!

Lorraine- pish and tosh.. Glad y'all rescued the eve and went forth and made merry!

Hat- about as long as it took to check your voice mail, yes?? Sorry, couldn't help myself.. Glad you had such a lovely holiday dear, talk to you soon.

Jeff- yep, restored DSL beats the hell out of french hens any damn day! Hope all is leveling out for you dear.