Thursday, December 06, 2007

A little frivilous amusement.




I decided to play along with Lorraine and Hat in the dress up for Project Runway game. I also figured the entire universe is tired of me being sick, overwhelmed and whining, I know I am. Frankly I'm annoying the crap out of myself as of yesterday. Yes, I really do totally suck at being sick.





Since getting dressed up always makes me feel better, may as well have something fun on while sipping my glass of Chateau Robisussin '06 and waving at Tim Gunn. You'll have to trust me, works much better on me on than the hanger..

Yes Tate, red doors = bad background choice. Too late now.. Yes Hat, the doors and trim in my bedroom are actually red, but honest, when taken in context it really doesn't scream "bordello"- It's totally Asian modern decor.
I love this crazy, over the top jacket to absolute bits. Keeping in mind that I normally am not a patterns or brocades kind of person- not that they aren't often lovely, but let's be real- on small people you don't generally wear the pattern, it wears you.. Love it, love it, love it and just don't care. The whole assymetrical hem and double collar action.



And equally over the top shoes. Gee, didn't see that coming, did you? Ironically I purchased the shoes three years before I decided on a whim I had to have the jacket. Now the little suede ballet flats do tone the entire thing down, but where the hell is the fun in that?? Yes, yes- ugly dancer feet, now you know why I usually avoid mules..



And can someone please tell me what in the hell was Donna Karan wearing????

24 comments:

Seattle Coffee Girl said...

Damn, I love those SHOES! :)

Anonymous said...

She beat me to it! LOVE.THE.SHOES. I think you have nice feet as well. I was hoping for a shot of you dressed to the nines to top it all off...

Lorraine said...

SCG & Tater can love the shoes all they want. I want them. Now.

Please.

(Glad you're feeling better, by the by).

Anonymous said...

I think you have pretty feet. I also happen to find Donna Karen to be very lame. (sorry Lorraine) YI**PP**Y! I love that you are playing! (clap clap clap) I want to live in a red bordelo Asian themed room and drink good wine and wear hats. The end.

Doralong said...

SCG- Me too! I look for any excuse to wear them. Actually I really don't need an excuse, I just do it anyway.

Tate- well I might have to think about that- cause I looked at those pictures and thought "that looks lame and like a size men's 42 long"It's actually rather cute on, even if I do say so myself. And it was sweet of you not to mention the poor choice of background, you're such a gentleman ;)

Lorraine- Size 6, this work for you? If not, let me know and I'll try and hunt you down a pair.

Hat- Well, if you take the wife job I'll be happy to re-do the guest room so it matches the master suite. I have often thought I ought to do a montage of my shoe shrine.. If nothing else for insurance reasons, I'd have a hard time making that claim..

Anonymous said...

Also - holy mother of pearl! Get me away from the Voki maker!!!!

Doralong said...

It is rather amusing, isn't it? The Hurricane went through an addicted period and made one for everyone in the family. I thought he did a pretty good job actually, it's pretty close ;)

Willym said...

I want those ruby slippers....

billy pilgrim said...

while i was in dresden i was offered an outfit just like the top one but opted for a nice coat with a fur collar instead.

Sling said...

I don't know from fashion,but those are very well turned pair of ankles you got there.

Doralong said...

Wills- You want a pair honey I'll find them for you- they'll go with the rd post X-mas undies, yes?

Billy- Actually fill length with a fur collar would work.

Sling- Honey, w really need to get you out more..

Doralong said...

Ok- I need to go to sleep, I no longer know how to spell..

more cowbell said...

I would just like to say that I do not see the problem with a bordello themed bedroom. In fact, it could be a plus. And I love red doors almost as much as I love purple doors. Also, I am not one to get my panties in a twist about shoes, unless they are boots, but girl, those shoes are hot! And the legs look good too! Hey, they're shaved, too, which is a bonus.

Doralong said...

CB- I have a fairly good boot collection too ;)

Elizabeth said...

Love the entire outfit, and can't believe the fantastic shoes weren't made to go with the fantastic jacket. And I think Donna Karan would have looked a damn sight finer in your outfit than in whatever she was wearing last episode.

Red Seven said...

ANYONE would have pretty feet in those shoes. DAY-um, woman. I would ask you to wear that outfit to my birthday party, but since much marinara sauce will be involved, it might not be the wisest choice. If it's not icy or horrible, will you wear the shoes??

Doralong said...

Elizabeth- I'm still trying to figure out what the hell she had on, and what possessed her to wear that pair of shoes.. Lordy!

Red- If the skies are clear and the sidewalks are dry, you bet!

evilganome said...

Stupid pictures won't load! I'll try again later.

evilganome said...

Okay, they loaded this time. Very hot outfit, though I am all about the shoes! I am a shoe whore.

Doralong said...

You were correct- they went "poof" had to reload, very weird.

But you got the off the hanger shot because you're special like that ;)

Right there with you, I am the worst sort of shoe slut imaginable. The Beast had to put cantilevered shelves in for me so I could store the collection properly. Yes, I really do have a bit of a problem..

Rick Rockhill said...

hey nice look! the shoes are smokin' hot!

Doralong said...

Thanks Rick- it's always all about the shoes..

Lorraine said...

Size 6? (sound of heart breaking)


You are a little bitty thing and could ride in my pocket. (weeps)

Doralong said...

Lorraine- it's a perfectly normal shoe size! granted, toe shoes are sort of the equivalent of Chinese foot binding.. Babies actually bumped me up half a size- which actually I was happy for..