Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Forget fruitcake..

Beefcake for Christmas and supporting an excellent cause, what more could you want? Did I mention hunky firefighters sans shirts?? Ahh, now I have your attention, don't I?

Over 80% of the firefighters in New Orleans lost their homes and all of their possessions after Hurricane Katrina. The fire stations themselves were also badly damaged. While they now have the basic equipment they need to fight fires, what they don't have are station house uniforms – they've been coming to work in their own jeans and t-shirts.

You can help give their morale a boost by giving a New Orleans Firefighters Look Hot 2008 Calendar. All proceeds are going to purchase station house uniforms for every firefighter in the city. Every red cent goes straight to the effort.

Considering all these guys did, go forth and do a little guilt free gifting, not to mention the whole hot guys in uniforms bonus. Talk about win-win!

And feel free to share this lovely gift idea- hint, hint.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This fruitcake says don't forget the firemen, or their yule logs. I may just have to buy one for each room of the house, you know, just to do my part...

Anonymous said...

While I am hugely on board with the idea of it, sadly I have already spent my alotted charity moneys on candy boxes to the troops for Cowbell. But I do hope that Tater buys one for me. hint. hint hint hint hint hint...

Doralong said...

Tate- like I said, what a multi purpose gift! Everyone feels good ;)

Hat- Just spread the word sister.. And I'm sure some well meaning friend will come through ;)

more cowbell said...

Dear Santa Claus,
I have been a very good girl this year. I have refrained from the hotfirefightermonkeylove I have experienced during Christmases Past. Please put a firefighter calendar with hot sexyass muscle-bound mens in my Christmas stocking this year. Or a real firefighter. I will even sit on your lap while you have your cookies and milk.
Love,
Cowbell

Anonymous said...

Santa is a swell guy and all, don't get me wrong. But I'd much prefer to sit on the hot sexy ass fire fighter's lap meself..

And you have indeed been a good girl- I hope there's a nice fireman in your stockings (er- stocking?) come Christmas day.