Friday, May 30, 2008

The Nearest Book Meme

Miss Elizabeth tagged me a while back and I have been very lazy about getting around to doing anything about it.

1..Pick up the nearest book.
2.Open to page 123.
3.Locate the fifth sentence.
4.Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing...
5.Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged me.

As the reading material closest at hand is "Principles Of ICD-9-CM Coding", I had to trot to the bedroom.


Thomas Pynchon, V.


‘The stories, by the time Profane heard them, were pretty much apocryphal and more fantasy than the record itself warranted. At no point in the twenty or so years the legend had been handed on did it occur to anyone to question the old priest’s sanity. It is this way with sewer stories, they just are, truth or falsity don’t apply.”


Let’s see now, I wonder what Taterbug is reading, and anything Al happens to be perusing ought to be interesting. Tony may still be working on Balzac, we’ll see, and Jeff ought to have something interesting going on. And I am sure my dear Wills is reading something highly enlightening at the moment..

No comments: