Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Well I thought it was absolutely hysterical..

So I was at the bank waiting for the most awesome teller in the world, Babs, to finish taking care of a little phone transaction before she could wait on me yesterday. And for the record- she really is awesome, I go way out of my loop to deal with her whenever possible. Any way..

As I'm standing there idly staring around the lobby of the lovely old building I notice the FDIC sign that's in every bank in the US-

FDIC NOTICE

"Deposits backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government"

I busted out in hysterical laughter and thought "Well aren't we all screwed?" I literally laughed so hard I was nearly in tears.

I think my old buddy Babs is now convinced I've finally slipped my leash.

11 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i agree...that's fucking hysterical...too too funny..

sageweb said...

That is funny ...I love it when I laugh uncontrollably.

Doralong said...

Granny- Really, I just couldn't help myself.

Sage- I usually do, but after I sobered up a bit it was a slightly different story, what a fucking mess we're in..

Elizabeth said...

"Full faith and credit of the United States Government."
Didn't that bunch of clowns try to sell us some swampland in Florida and some oil fields in Iraq?

Jeff said...

And there was a time when the plaque was comforting....

How we have fallen.

Next station, Obscurity.

Sling said...

It's sorta like winning a free spinal tap.

Anonymous said...

And isn't it tragoc that it is so funny?

Doralong said...

Elizabeth- yep, those guys..

Jeff- either that or Armageddon.

Sling- Yes, something along those lines.

Citizen- Oh, indeed. I think the term is "Gallows humor".

Anonymous said...

Having just finished reading an excellent non fiction book about the dust bowl, and the depression era, it seems like we may be headed that way again. Unchecked greed, wild speculation (energy markets, home mortgages), bank failures, irresponsible government run amok with incompetent cronies at the helm, no foresight or care for the consequences, natural disasters, mankind's foul stewardship of the environment... The list goes on and on. The southern plains still haven't managed much of a recovery all this time later! hope we are all made of strong stuff. We could be in for quite a ride.

Willym said...

Sadly there are many out there who are taken in by that promise.

Doralong said...

Tater bug- It's upon us again dear- droughts, floods, government insecurity.. There's going to be a whole lot of ugly before we get through this.. But as Pollyanna as it might sound, I think there really is a core of people, people like you and many of my friends- both literal and virtual, that are tough enough and true patriots, we'll win out eventually. But it's gonna be ugly, mark my words..

Wills- I know, and that really and truly freezes my soul to a degree that I can't begin to articulate.