Sunday, October 12, 2008

What next????

Actually I really don't want to know.

Daddy's service was actually lovely- Miles Davis, some preaching and I didn't lose my shit during the eulogy. Went back to Brother #2's house to spend the night and had planned on spreading Daddy's ashes in a particular spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway he loved- The entire tribe was up, fed and ready to roll.. And I'm telling you, herding cats is easier..

And then my cell rang. The Beast went in for emergency surgery this morning got a trio of perforations in his intestines patched back together. He's stable, but guarded.

Man this has been one seriously shitty week.

8 comments:

Willym said...

at a loss for words - or at least any word that would help. Will send you an e-mail.

Thinking of you.. big time

evilganome said...

Well, it hasn't started raining frogs yet, so I suppose that's something to be grateful for.

I'll talk with you later.

sageweb said...

Wishing you the best...hope the beasts is doing better.

sageweb said...

I meant The Beast...

Lorraine said...

((((Cuz)))))

Doralong said...

Wills- it is what it is, so the only option is to deal with it I guess.

Tony- I'll take what I can get at this point.

Sage- Hopefully he'll be out of the woods in a few days.

Rainey- hugs are most appreciated at the moment.

Elizabeth said...

Oh I am so, so sorry. And believe me, I know something about what you're going through. You have to hold it together for everyone else. It's tough, but you do it because you have to. Wish I could bring you dinner and a bottle of wine.

booda baby said...

How are you doing? Need anything I can get you from way over here?