Monday, October 13, 2008

Anyone have a spare Xanax?

Because losing my shit isn't a luxury I have at the moment..

The Beast is not out of the woods yet, but the doc is cautiously optimistic. They were able to re-sect a substantial chunk of his sigmoid and if he heals properly no colostomy! Which would be a good thing, I figure it beats dead all to hell, but I'm thinking the big fella would be most unhappy should that occur. Can't say I blame him. But still, I'd rather have him alive with the bag if that's my only option, thank you very much.

The kids are actually handling this pretty well, all things considered. More than a little freaked out that this happened exactly a week after Grandpa died, but dealing with the situation well actually. After hearing the tale (granted there's morphine involved, but I know my husband and it no doubt happened exactly the way he relayed it) he was having severe stomach pain, tried the hot bath routine, jacked himself up on an insane amount of RX strength Motrin(like a moron) and passed out in the bedroom- thankfully the dogs got quite upset by this and licked and whined it appears until he came to and could dial 911.. They A) Will be getting a steak for dinner tonight and B) I will never again bitch about the mountain of dog hair on the floor, I swear. Free pass for life.

Note to self, just don't leave him alone anymore, he always lands in the hospital or does something stupid..

Off to the hospital to check in on him, and then home to do some financial projections. While we are thankfully very, very lucky in that we're well insured- I know all too well that the final liability for this fiasco is going to be most painful.

15 comments:

sageweb said...

Oh thank goodness for those doggies. I love them. Hope everything goes well...take care and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Willym said...

Just dropped you an e-mail asking how things were. I know you're busy so don't worry about responding. Just know that you, the Beast and the young uns' are in my thoughts.

Baci carina

Gavin said...

I don't have any Xanax...will Paxil do? :)

Sling said...

Jeez louise,when it rains it pours!
Good on the canines for bein' on the job...Wishing you all the best dora.

evilganome said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you sugar. Couldn't he have just stuck with destroying your property with large construction equipment.

I'm so happy the dogs were able to save the day. I bet they are too, though they may wonder if they're in the right house if you start taking it too easy on them.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my god! What an incredibly close call. Thank God for the dogs. Steak it is.

And (straight) men. You can't leave 'em alone for a minute. They don't have enough sense to fill a thimble. Just got to tough it out and be all stoic.

And I'll send up a prayer for you and your knuckle head. Hang in there honey. This too shall pass.

Tate said...

Your initiation into the shitstorm gang is almost complete, just have to share the secret handshake with you...

Glad to hear that the procedure went well, and am keeping you all in my thoughts. Love you, sis. Expect a call, and a basket of dog biscuits.

Doralong said...

Sage- I'll never yell at them again, or at least I'll try real hard not to.

Wills- Never got it, the email black hole must have eaten it.

Gavin- I'll give it a try, why not?

Sling- Yep, I'm pretty well soaked at this point.

Tony- Wouldn't you think? He has to pick now to branch out.. And the baby is a little confused about things right at the moment.

Elizabeth- The sense of a melting ice cube I tell you.

Tate- Lots of doggie treats will be forthcoming. Guess I ought to get to the store, huh? I'll pencil that in, somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Or a big, big glass of wine.

Jeff said...

Dora-

Poor dear, you really are the eye of the drama hurricane. Hope that your planet calms down and that someone makes you a simply exquisite Martini...or four

Lorraine said...

Holy moly. Give those pups a big pat on the head from the northwestern end of the fam, wouldja? Sheesh.

Kimberly Ann said...

If I had any Xanax, you'd have every one of them. I'm keeping good thoughts for you all.

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts daily. Hope it is all going well. BTW, that offer is still open if you need it. Anytime, for whatever reason.

booda baby said...

NO, REALLLY. My word verification is: .... slings.

They've been giving me real live, useful words lately. Maybe everyone else, too. It's good of them, to help out the slightly superstitious among us. Given this little hint, I think I'm obliged to copy and paste, so there's a little double sling shot:

Jeez louise,when it rains it pours! Good on the canines for bein' on the job...Wishing you all the best dora.

Anonymous said...

i have some generic if you want ...dont need it