Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Field Guide

In addition to blathering about whatever might pop into my rather odd mind, I expect the family unit and other persons of great import in my little universe may well come up from time to time.

I find when I start reading someone else’s blog, I do tend to get a bit lost unless I can understand who the heck they're talking about.. I'm literal like that. All names have been adjusted to protect the innocent, the guilty, or suit my whims.

Without further ado-

The Beast- spouse of many, many years. Don't go jumping to conclusions. A play on his name. Well, most of the time. I.Q. high enough to register as an oven temperature, the common sense of a melting ice cube. Love him to death, but the absent minded, dealing with the modern world adventures he has are the stuff of legend.

Miss Thing/AKA Fluffy. Eldest child, just turned 15 and hasn't become the spawn of hell -yet,. But we have time I'm sure. Thankfully for her she got her Daddy's brains. But shares some of the more distracted bits of that end of the gene pool. Her SAT scores at 12 scared the hell out of both of us.. don't get excited, it was to qualify for a G & T program.. On the whole, an amazing kid that I fully expect to end up being a very amazing adult.

The Hurricane. Youngest child, coming up on 10. Thankfully he also got daddy's brains, but none of the distracted genes. Natural athlete, loves to do all the stereotypical little guy stuff, run around like a maniac, play ball, get as dirty as possible, get stuck in trees and such. But also reads 3 grade levels up, kicks ass in math and likes to cook. Of the offspring, he's the sweet and sentimental one. Those 10 kisses a day get me through a whole lot of ugly.

Baby Sister- This needs explaining? My sister, the gay chef. Sweet, funny, amazing at what she's chosen to do for a living. But like many brilliant people, gets a little lost in the real world sometimes. Back in the dating pool after a 10 year relationship, and it’s been rather interesting.

Daddy- Yep, my Daddy. The train wreck. Bless him, a physical wreck. Daddy is the poster child for taking care of yourself when you’re younger. Once Mamma died he pretty much started a slow downhill slide. He’s been a mystery to me most of my life. Cranky bastard that can be a genuinely loving individual.

Boots- My best friend. Funniest person I know. The snark level in the room when the two of us get together must set off alarms someplace in the universe. A smart, generous and loving soul who has always been there for me and I pray always will be.


Thus would be the basic cast of characters that inhabit my little world- in the event anyone gets confused later on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the introductions, can't wait to learn all about you and your cast of characters! Blog on sister.

Anonymous said...

ditto what tater said :-)

Anonymous said...

and i love it that he's your "daddy" and not just your father. daddies are special, with all of their challenges.