Monday, July 16, 2007

My Idiot child-

Meaning my husband..

Love him dearly, 27 years together means something these days I think, I do love him dearly. But some days I could happily wrap my hands around his neck. Not a stupid person at all- has a doctorate, can solve quadric equations half drunk on a cocktail napkin with a pencil.. is highly regarded in his field and has all kinds of fancy people with big titles calling for his advice- Couldn't find his ass with both hands if he tried. I have to check him before he leaves the house. For real.

Love him, I swear I do. Case in point. My day today( other than the very late in the day oven debacle) get him packed for a business trip. Do my usual check list of clothes, meds, computer, cellphone, paperwork and such- check, all good. Get a panicked call from the airport.. "Where's my driver's license?" Umm.. how the hell would I know? Chill out dear- do you have your Federal Employee ID? "Yes" Fine, get your ass on the plane and we'll figure the rest out. "I have to get a rental car!" Repeat, you're getting on a plane- I can only do so much dear.

Call the DMV- 20 minutes ON HOLD (those people whose blogs I hovered on today- I have a valid excuse) get a human- " Hello this is Sara, we are having phone problems and I can't hear anything, please call back." CLICK. WTF??????

Breathe very deeply, dial again. 34 fucking minutes on hold.. but do get an actual person that WILL speak to me. Privacy issues, can't get shit accomplished- but do get some guidance. Now one would not assume this is the first time a person has lost their license, so I presume there is some sort of standard procedure to notify the rental car people of one's status. Hell no.. depends on the rental company. Some will take a verification faxed from the state.. Alamo- not gonna happen.

Well, that's a waste of a day.. tear up the house trying to find the damn thing, hang on infinity hold for a couple of hours, tear up the house again.. field calls from my lost boy.. tear up the damn house again..

Let it suffice to say this is not a first.. Example- heading for a conference in Virgina Beach. I get a call "I think I'm lost- I'm in Elizabeth City". What????? Now that takes some REAL talent..

I swear, every time he walks out that door into the real world alone I have fear.. I love you baby, but lord you worry the hell out of me. Y'all see him coming- be sweet and help him navigate the real world and be kind to his helpless ass- please?

5 comments:

more cowbell said...

A girlfriend and I were always fond of saying, "If it comes with a penis, you're gonna have trouble". Poor things.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy. I have similar stories with my guy as well. I had to sift through a trash compactor not once but twice. First incident, Jim was cleaning up and somehow wound up throwing my cell phone in the garbage, and throwing the garbage down the chute. Second example, Jim was cleaning off the counters, and swept $1200.00 in hundreds that I left on the counter from the night's haul at the poker table, into the garbage, threw garbage down the chute. Thank god I recovered both!

evilganome said...

You are describing a large portion of the faculty I babysit/work for. We have one character who is the sweetest guy in the world but I swear he could get lost in his own office. I am constantly having to let them back into the offices they have locked themselves out of. I understand completely what you are going through.

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up over here! Funny how folks can't ever get BIG doses of both book smart and street smart, huh?

Enjoying your blog.

sarasue

Anonymous said...

Cowbell- so damn true!

tater bug- 1200.00!!!!!!! Boyfriend, you are so taking me to Vegas baby!

ganome.. sucks to be the babysitter sometimes, spent a lot of years doing at home and work both.

sarasue- I'm convinced it just doesn't work that way- some sort of wiring issue.