Sunday, August 12, 2007

Silly Boys..


To take a break from all the bummer posts of the last week or so- welcome to my back yard. These would be pictures of last night's fun and games at the back end of Casa de Locos.
Say hello to Ed and Mike folks..
Ed, Mike- say hello to the nice people.
What goobers.. watched these two guys all last summer and fall as cubs, trailing along after their mamma bear. It's nice to see them as healthy teenagers. Next time I'll try and get some pictures of old Uncle Bob. He's been roaming through here for about 15 years, biggest black bear I've ever seen. Kinda cute the way he more or less tolerates the boys, but tries to ignore them at the same time.

I'll try and get some foxes and deer and other assorted critters soon. And apologies to the nice virtual friends that have actual talent when it comes to taking a picture. But then again, my ass wasn't getting down off the deck and into the yard for a closer shot either.. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your surroundings! I love me some critters, and have had many a run in with bears in MN. I was vacationing though, not enjoying it year round. I am envious, except for the lawn mowing. You must get quite the work out...

Anonymous said...

Loves the bears.. leaves them alone ;) Benign coexistence, as it were.

There's more to mow that you can't see I'm afraid. Our one big luxury is that dear sweet man we call "The Lord of the Lawn". Gave up on dealing with mowing after the Beast had a very unpleasant bout with skin cancer.

Anonymous said...

oooo, I'm a'skerd of bears. But they look so cute and harmless.

Anonymous said...

Hat- they are pretty much a hoot to watch actually.

Good rule- you don't mess with the bears, the bears won't mess with you..

BigAssBelle said...

bears! in the woods!!! tumbling and dancing how ADORABLE!!!! i am so envious. i would think i'd died and gone to heaven if i woke up and saw a bear in my back yard. lucky, lucky woman.

Dan said...

This is amazing! This is right in your yard??

My wife and I go hiking every weekend in the forests and mountains of NJ and NY. We have seen a bear three times (not the same one). And there are LOTS of bears in this area.

And this is in your backyard! Unbelievable!

Vic said...

What a little paradise you've carved out for yourself. There's something uplifting about seeing these beautiful wild creatures in their natural state. Just the other day, the drought and heat teased out two young bucks sporting impressive racks out in the open. I watched them silently for 30 minutes, feeling at peace with the world.