Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thanks y'all!

The support has been very helpful as I wrangled with that particular decision, and the repercussions. Brother #2 is sort of like John Wayne in "The Quiet Man"- not one to tell me he wanted me there right then, or say he'd rather I came later.. Still waters do run real deep- but once in a while it would be nice to get some constructive verbalization for crying out loud!

Brother dear spent about five hours on the table, but is out and all went well thankfully! In order not to obsess I spent the day painting the Beast's office so I can lay the new floor before I head south..

So, now all I need to do is sock back enough easy to reheat eats so the kids can watch the Beast for me while I'm gone. For real, the man has actually burned water before. Luckily Miss Thing is a generally responsible person.

Off to make some lasagna to park in the freezer..

Bet you money he's going to try and wander his ass out to his shop and start piddling around with something within 24 hours.. I will have to practice the really stern Mom voice- "Step away from the anvil young man!" or "Get your stupid ass in that house right now before I launch you back into last year!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I'm sorry your family is having this crisis, however near averted. Sounds like it's all working out okay though. Right? Also, thank you for always saying such nicey nice things to me on my blog.

BigAssBelle said...

oh shoot. i'd just buy that thang some frozen dinners and begone with myself ;-)

Dan said...

Get your stupid ass in that house right now before I launch you back into last year!.

Wonderful! I have to make a mental note of that to use myself. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

thanks Hat- so far so good!

Lynette- actually he can also screw up a microwave dinner, ptitful ,isn't it?

Dan- I find it to be a very effective threat actually!

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with you and yours, glad to know our brother pulled through the surgery! Keep me posted! Prayers sent your way my friend.

more cowbell said...

I'm late to the party. Ennui and all that. But hey, I think you absolutely made the right decision to go later -- that's not selfish at all, and will do your brother and his family a whole lot more good than the monitor-staring stuff. Maybe the trip will be good for the two of you, in a weird sort of way?

evilganome said...

Bet you money he's going to try and wander his ass out to his shop and start piddling around with something within 24 hours.. Are we related by any chance? Seriously, the men in my family, and I include myself are complete morons about taking care of ourselves. Famous last words among the boys in our family, "Oh, you worry too much!" It's right up there with, "I can lift that."