Friday, November 30, 2007

I get by with a little help from my friends

don't get high with a little help from my friends anymore, unless the occasional Chardonnay binge counts... However-

I know full well I am one of those people that genuinely needs to be connected in some fashion or another to others. I need my peeps! It's just the way I am. Which is perhaps the reason why my Ohana is so large.. But in truth I'm just lucky to have so many wonderful friends, neighbors and colleagues in my life.

But to tell the truth, I tend not to vent or give the entire unvarnished ugly to many people, and to those few, rarely. Which is probably why my very public, secret blog 'o my life is so precious to me. The friends I have made here are very much a part of my Ohana as well. The fact that we've never met in the flesh really doesn't mean jack, the human spirit can connect without being right next door, or even on the same continent. Kindred spirits find one another. A professor of mine once told me that communities of the heart are created in many different ways, and if you open yourself up to possibilities, your life will be enriched ten fold. So true. Mine sure has been.

I thank you all for letting me whine the past few weeks, and for being a part of my Ohana.. Will, you rock! And cheered me up more than you'll ever know! Very musical, yes? Ironic as hell, isn't it? And I'm not even catholic..

And a special thanks to my virtual brother, and totally non-sexual crush- my one and only Tater bug- you made it all right honey and I love ya! You are the absolute best my sweet, may the Goddess always smile upon you and yours. I'll be wearing something new and red at the Christmas Parade tomorrow just for you! Thanks baby, I really needed that very gentle little kick- love ya!

Thank you all for hanging in there with me and taking care of me! Blessings and peace upon all of your houses.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person, and your Ohana does indeed rock. Now you know you are going to have to post a photo of the new frock...

gotcha.

Vic said...

What a beautiful comment and thank you. I don't precisely know the reference, but you are a gifted writer.

Anonymous said...

I think the blessings and peace falling on my house have turned to snow.
Also, I adore you and I know I am not alone when I say that you have very nice legs. No no, that wasn't what I was going to say (shit! Just play it cool, Hat, play it cool) So...where were we?

Doralong said...

Tate- thanks again for gently slapping some sense into me last night. Love you! And actually I settled for an angora beret, works with my hair, don't you think?

Ms. Place- From you that is indeed a huge (and unmerited) compliment!

Hat- Snow? Ewww.. hate the stuff! I adore you as well my sweet, but obviously you need to get out more, but thanks- in years past the gams were actually my best feature ;)

the rube said...

as elliot said at the sci fi convention;

i love you sons of bitches

Lorraine said...

Blogtopia is the best, ain't it?

Sling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sling said...

oops..
I was trying to say that no one that knows me,knows me like my blog buddies...I number you among my many blessings. :)

Willym said...

Good people is good people no matter where you meet them. And dare I say that good people attract good people which explains the support you've been getting.

Willym said...

On the subject of something new and red: here in Italy there is a New Year's tradition. New Year's Eve it is the custom for both men and women to wear spanking (hmm poor choice of words) new red underwear of some sort. Apparantly the week between Christmas and New Years the stores will be filled with displays - got to catch that one on film.

Some Venezulian friends tell me that in Caracus its yellow underwear.

Anonymous said...

rube- There you have it man..

Lorraine- You bet sister!

Sling- right back at ya baby!

Will- And you're one of them dear.. Red undies- most excellent idea! Not that I need an excuse mind you. Yellow, just not my color..