Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's OK, really!!

Well it was awfully sweet of y’all to worry. But no, I’m neither dead nor have I expatriated south with Antonio Banderas to start my blissful fantasy life in the tropics.

My love and thanks to Tate, Tony, Wills, Jeff and all you other dears that called or wrote to check in on me. I’ve just been rather preoccupied, and downright busy. Daddy went into the hospital. Things got bad, real bad. Then things got somewhat better. So now he’s in rehab and we’re trying to figure out what the hell to do next. Brother #1 is having some very hard times at the moment- and while there’s nothing I can do about it, I do fret nonetheless.. Baby Sister is losing her shit in a major way over the Daddy situation, and her personal life- lord don’t get me started on that. Find a nice lesbian to settle down with and quit being someone's experiment already! Oy.. OK after 10 years in a relationship and getting dumped, I can kind of see it- but seriously honey, find someone committed full time to your team, you know full well it is going to end badly. Need I remind you???

The boy has had a horrid bout of bronchitis again, and given his immune deficiency I tend to get a wee bit freaked out when something like this drags on. The girl is getting ready to turn 16 this weekend, trying to get her NHS application done and figure out what to do this summer, among other teenaged angst.. Just shoot me now, OK??

And I’m still looking for a damn job.. And I’m fairly sure I finally started my midlife crisis.. How come 46 year old moms don’t get to freak out, buy a sports car and date a hottie half their age??? The injustice!!!

Well if I make light of it I can’t go over the edge kids.. Hope all my dears are well, safe and happy. And I swear I’ll check in more often so I don’t worry y’all (yes Jeff, that means you)- really, I do promise.. It’s good to have my virtual posse, really! No jokes, all kidding aside it really is a comfort to know there are a few people out there that think of me =..

12 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i was beginning to think it was something i said..just started reading you and then bam..you disappeared...glad your back..and hope things get better...

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted an update, but I am still down with the phone tag game we have been playing. I'm it I guess, and I will try and tag you after school let's out... :)

sageweb said...

Oh how nice that you are back. Your life sounds very hectic. I can understand with all you got going on why you havent posted. Well I hope things get better.

My word verification is msvszy
I think it stands for, me is very sexy.

evilganome said...

She lives! I was beginning to wonder if it was something I said. I'm sorry about all the drama, but glad to hear you're doing okay. Give me a call and bitch to your hearts content, honey.

Doralong said...

Granny- this too will pass, or so I keep reminding myself.

Tate- yep, you're it this time!

Sage- It has been a little surreal here lately. And of course that's what it means dear!

Tony- I know, I'm awful and I owe you a call! Today, I promise!

Jeff said...

Just glad that everything is okay. Don't want anything to happen to one of my blog clan.

Happy friday

billy pilgrim said...

who told you that 46 year old moms can't freak out and have a little fun?

Doralong said...

Jeff- hanging in there, not to worry. But it was dear of you to check in on me.

Billy- We can. But the old man has usually spent the disposable income on his car..

Java said...

46 year old moms have disposable income? Where's mine??
I'm 46 now, too. I'm going crazy as a shit-house rat. I just quit my job in a fit of mid-whatever crazy crisis. I've got 3.25 teenagers in my house. (One of them is in college the other .75) and two 10 year olds, the girl beginning prepubescent angst. I know crazy.
I'm looking for my 23 year old hottie. Most of the ones I see now are gay and don't want to do what I want them to do to me. :) I'm happy with my old pick-up truck, though, no need for a sports car.
Bless you, dear. I sympathise.

Doralong said...

Java- Lord woman! And here I am bitching!!

Elizabeth said...

I've been so taken up with my own worries, that I missed this completely. Hope things with your father are continuing to head toward better. One foot in front of the other - sometimes that's all you can do, right?

more cowbell said...

I was gone too, so I've been oblivious to blog goings-on.

The reason the moms don't get to have mid-life crises is because we're too damn busy taking care of shit and running the joint.