Thursday, April 03, 2008

Next up-

On our list of under-appreciated artists we have the one and only Delbert McClinton. There are sadly not a lot of videos, as Delbert has always been a music festival or big ass bar with a stage kind of guy. But he is widely regarded by musicians as one of the best harmonica players alive, a fine guitar player and an all around good guy. And having shared "refreshments" after a show (get your minds out of the gutters there people) a couple of times, I have to agree. And I love, love, love that man's voice.. well that and he was one damn fine looking man in his prime, that didn't hurt.

First up, probably his one big hit- and yes Cowbell, this one REALLY has More Cowbell in it..



And just so you can hear the man play the harp.. And yes Granny, another Texas boy.



Oh yeah- Elvin Bishop and Paul Thorn rock out pretty hard in this one too.

Have a lovely evening dears..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I know you were talking about Delert McClintin, but I have never known anyone who had even heard of Paul Thorn. I saw im open for a Robert Earl Keen show and just loved him.

yellowdoggranny said...

texas boys rock..i was listening to delbert before he was cool...i have a paul thorn cd but it's a comedy cd..

Sling said...

Woo hoo!..Love me some harp playin'.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was weird as hell. A few years ago in Toronto I saw him perform at an after hour booze can - patronized of course by the local off duty paramedics and cops. He was amazing and had huge amounts of energy and generally just a great vibe and feel to his music.

Doralong said...

Citizen- Now that would have been a heck of a show!

Granny- You and me both ;) saw Delbert in a lot of bars in the late seventies..

Sling- Me too! And he's a master.

Al- That's the main thing I've always loved about his music- he's having a great time with it and just wants everybody in the house to join in on the fun ;)

billy pilgrim said...

love that harmonica. someone ought to introduce today's generation of musicians to it.

sageweb said...

I actually enjoyed that...not a big fan of this type of music but I did like this...so there you have it...

Doralong said...

Billy- one can only hope..

Sage- That's what we call broadening your horizons ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay sis, time to get moving on a new post. Don't make me fly to DC and hunt you down...

more cowbell said...

oh hell yeah, work that cowbell. "I've got a fever, and the only prescription ... is more cowbell!"