Wednesday, April 30, 2008

No video involved, how shocking!!

My current spate of video blogging hath multiple reasons my dears- I’ve been both tired and lazy. Life has been a wee bit intense here of late and sometimes the easy way out is really not such a bad thing. And yes, I probably could justify my way out of damn near anything, given a minute to think.. Look at it as a gift.

Daddy is still in rehab and is not doing his usual bounce back- whole lot of weird going on there that seems to have no viable answer. Perhaps old and tired is just the only answer one can give at this point. Baby Sister is pretty well melting down in a most alarming way, for multiple reasons. It’s like herding cats, therefore I give up trying.

Miss Thing turned 16 on the 20th and a good time was indeed had by all. She was offered any celebration within reason (and outside of reason, as all she’d have had to do would be to ask Daddy) She opted for dinner at home- peculiar child. But what the hell you want me to smoke ribs for you, and make you BBQ shrimp and grits; well that’s what you get kiddo..

I’ve had a little medical weird of my own going on that seems to be nibbling away at my spare moments. Being a human pincushion is really quite time consuming. I have however had a chance to catch up on some reading whilst sitting and waiting, and waiting and waiting.. Ironic how doctors genuinely irritate the shit out of me, given the number of years I was in medical practice management, huh?

And yes, I am still job hunting, and still unsuccessfully, in the midst of all this fun, thanks for asking. But spring has sprung and all things will resolve themselves in time.

The bears are out and about, and it appears we have a troublemaker in the bunch this year. A few nights ago (or mornings more precisely) I heard a noise around 2AM on my deck. Got up to investigate, flipped on the light and there’s a damn bear balanced on the railing giving me the “What??” look. Now in and of itself this wouldn’t be too peculiar except for the fact that said deck is surrounded by an 8 foot stockade fence, and is off the second floor; now that was a first I must say.. I shooed him off and went back to bed. And hour later, here we go again, I look out my bedroom window on the first floor and what do I see but 300 pounds or so of bear butt balancing on the fence trying another route up. Stubborn bear, I must say. Most especially since I go to great lengths to coexist with them by never leaving anything out they can consider a food source. Great, I get the crazy bear! Well the nice bear biologist guy came and investigated, seems the boy has been causing havoc all over the general vicinity so it looks like he may have to be relocated if he keeps up the mischief.

Well that’s all the news that fits at the moment folks, hope you’re all well, safe and happy!

15 comments:

evilganome said...

Okay. First your Dad. Then your sister. Then you. Now you have some sort of juvenile delinquent bear show up.

What are they putting in the water down there?

yellowdoggranny said...

damn...the scariest thing i ever had show up on my porch was a skunk, a armadillo, opossum, and the law...sorry about your dad and sister...

Doralong said...

Tony- I'm on a roll here, aren't I? If the are putting something in the water I wish they'd switch to Xanax or something along those lines. And yes, it figures I'd get the reprobate bear, doesn't it?

Granny- I am a big believer in live and let live, but I have to say, this critter is sort of getting annoying.

Sling said...

After having my bike stolen right off my very own front porch,I'd be happy to have a watch bear parked out front.
Smoked ribs,and BBQ'd shrimp and grits!!
Shit fire and save matches,that sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Da Bears.

My goodness dear heart, the shit storm doth continue. I am certain this all bodes well for you in the coming year, a sort of karma cleansing in preparation for all the good things around the corner, if you will. Patience sister. Dem bears are hungry after a long winter without smoked meat and BBQ shrimp! My suggestion is to cook up an few extra servings, and then stealthily smuggle them over to your trashy neighbors, and hide them under her porch...

Lorraine said...

Happy belated b'day to the little cousin and good thoughts for your family and for you (especially, because I have my favorites) and damn.

I would not want to live with crazy bears.

Willym said...

Sorry to hear about Dad and Sis but I am glad to hear the cat herding has been identified as a lost cause!!!

So how do I get you to come over here and cook me up some birthday BBQ shrimps and grits (God I love grits)this December for my birthday? Lucky Thing!

Have you reached the point where if they drag you off for one more test without an explaination you're going to bitch slap them?

Now I never minded the odd bear showing up on my front porch but then I'm talking the human type here so... I think if that ever happened there would be a reserval on the old "Does a bear shit in the woods" adage.

Please take care of yourself and a extra hug along with the ones I always sent you when I add a comment.

Doralong said...

Sling- well it would scare them off, true enough. And actually it does, while lacking in anything that sounds like modesty- my ribs would make you smack your mamma for more.

Tate- Well the thought of buying a half carcass and tucking in in amongst the debris has crossed my mind more than once. But what a waste of food! It annoys me enough I have to share air with that nutcase as it is!

Hey Cuz- well they do tend to make for unpredictable neighborly relations for sure!

Wills- Well either send me a ticket or I hit the lottery, I'm afraid those are the current options. But wouldn't we have fun pissing off the grumpy old Fascist downstairs and freaking out the Nonnas as they try and figure out what the crazy american woman is doing on the balcony in December (and what smells so good??) ;) And yes, I really am over the human pin cushion bit! And thanks for the hugs- I needed that!

sageweb said...

Well I hope everything gets better for you.
My sister had a crazy bear in her yard too...she swore it would knock on the door. (she never answered)

Doralong said...

Sage- They're pretty smart creatures actually, perhaps it was hoping she'd slip up one day and actually answer it ;)

Anonymous said...

OH I just am so terrified of bears. That would freak me out too much. Now then, stop being all pin-cushiony. It's not that allergy test thingy is it? (sniffle) It's not all it's cracked up to be, trust.

Kimberly Ann said...

"I shooed him off and went back to bed..." I freak out over spiders and you shoo away bears. I better go shopping for some big girl panties right now.

Oh and your feast for the kiddo's birthday sounds delish to me!

Doralong said...

Hat- Nope even MORE fun than that!! And the bears are really more scared of you than you are of them honey, really.

KA- They really are pretty non-aggressive critters for the most part. Annoyance aside it's sort of funny that 120 pounds 'o me can fuss at a 300 pound plus bear and it runs.. And for the record- the nice la Perla people make very nice big girl panties ;)

And thanks- it was a pretty swell meal all the way around. The two days to get the ribs and sauce properly done is more than worth it.

more cowbell said...

Sorry to hear life is pulling some royal fuckall with you.

We've had quite a few reports of bears in suburban areas here. Little ones, but still. Humans taking over their homes and all, can't blame them, really.

Doralong said...

Cb- I don't blame them, their people were here first. I truly try for benign coexistence. I just draw the line at playing high wire artist on my porch rail at two in the morning..