Monday, November 17, 2008

I need a pick me up..

Normally new shoes do it every time. Something red in cashmere perks me right up. A long afternoon at the day spa? Oh hell yes that does the trick no matter how tapped out I am.

However, as it’s November, Christmas is right around the corner and the bills from the long stay in the hospital from hell are wending their way into the mail box- I really can’t bring myself to spend any money on my usual non chemical antidepressants right now. So I cleaned my closets instead… I am a very disturbed person in obvious need of help. But on the plus side, I found a belt that had gone missing months ago and the shoe shrine is all nice and reorganized.

Who am I kidding? Productive, yes.. but I really want a day at the spa, a new red cashmere wrap and new shoes. I am so, so shallow. Sorry, I’m just too bloody tired of it all to wax poetic about gaining new strength of character and so forth. I’m quite a character as it is, thank you very much and I just want one stress free, drama-less day that involves no one asking me questions, expecting me to fix things or take care of their issues!

Tantrum over, I promise. Back to being practical, pragmatic and calm now. Thanks for listening, now back to your regularly scheduled lives.

12 comments:

sageweb said...

I wish for you to get your day at the spa. Too bad we arent close a good friend of mine is a massage therapist..I would have her hook you up.

Tate said...

Day spa is just the ticket for you. You are not a very disturbed person in obvious need of help, you are obviously a very helpful person, whose over achieving schedule needs to be disturbed. Let's get it right for the next post dear.

By the way,

love you sis.

evilganome said...

Good luck with the pampering. I just want to be able to get my favorite cowboy boots resoled. God you can see how low my expectations have become.

Here's hoping for something red in your future, of either a cashmere or shoe persuasion.

Elizabeth said...

Strength of character etc. etc. is WAY overrated. I'd like to live the rest of my life without having to gain any further self-knowledge or strength. Oh well. Anyway, I wish I could give you that spa day.... I know you need it.

more cowbell said...

honey, if that was a tantrum, you're doing better than most.

And ditto Elizabeth. There comes a point when a woman's character is quite developed enough, thank you. If I need any more wisdom, Universe, I'll friggin' ask you.

Anonymous said...

I feel a sense of accomplishment when I do things like that, but I don't feel pampered. Sometimes you just need a little luxury.

Lorraine said...

I'm sorry but where is it written that new shoes are shallow? Not in my universe, baby.

Doralong said...

Sage- Here's hoping ;)

Bug- I'll work on that. Love you too sugar, we'll commiserate soon, promise.

Tony- Not holding my breath dear. I wouldn't say low expectations dear, that's not a cheap proposition my any means these days!

Elizabeth- And I'd take you with me, you surely need it just as much as I do.

CB- You'd think the lords of chaos would realize it eventually gets to a point of diminishing returns, wouldn't you??

Citizen- Sometimes a bit of mindless indulgence is good for the soul.

Lorraine- Hey I didn't say shallow!

Kimberly Ann said...

I am so with you on the spa thing. I've had enough of character in the face of adversity, blah blah blah. Give me a massage and some bling bling dammit.

Here's hoping your spa dream comes true.

booda baby said...

I'm no good in the red department what with blue being my color. Blue's SO my color that Hermes femmes refused to sell me red, telling me in a bunch of French that it HAD to be blue.

However, I DID just fine a very pretty embroidered PINK wrap and if you want it, it's yours. It's pretty PINK PINK, not pastel. Good for making a BIG statement about breast cancer.

Doralong said...

KA- There you have it! Rub my neck and bring me pearls..

Booda- It's a blonde thing, no? I just tend to be more of a jewel tone kind of gal, the whole dark hair dark eyes thing I guess. And it's terribly dear of you to offer, but to be completely truthful I own not a single article of pink anything.. But fuschia doesn't count as pink.. mainly because it's fuschia and all.

booda baby said...

Doralong: Me and pink aren't pals, either. The little pink I do own is all about I can't believe I'm going to write this for accent.

It's true, it's true, I just buy any beautiful, well made and typicall classic thing and count on someone to eventually want it. :) Point is, I'm going to be looking for red, now. :)