Monday, November 17, 2008

Tag- I'm it..

My dear Wills decided to distract me with the ever popular closest book meme- and then proceeded to tag my usual victims.. shame on you!

Anyway here's the game. Open the book nearest your computer (and be honest not something artsy-fartsy so you can impress everyone) turn to page 56 and post the 5th sentence, plus a bit before and after for context.

Humm, well right next to my computer is a copy of the Virginia POA Act, revised edition.. not so interesting, trust me on this. So the next closest being my bedside table. On the top of the precarious stack is So Me, by Graham Norton. Yes, I adore Graham Norton, sue me.

On St. Patrick's Day a film crew was in the bar we were in near Vie de France. The people I was with brought the camera crew over because I was Irish. They asked me how I was planning to celebrate the saint's day. Full of lager and confidence I replied "I'm going to drink and drink and then go home and get sick" Well, I learnt a valuable lesson about programme making. When it was broadcast on the news the piece wasn't about St. Patrick's Day, it was about new tougher drunk driving legislation and by the time they edited my comments into the piece, I looked like some sort of crazed killer. Thankfully I don't vomit any more.

Well I'll choose the following victims and leave it up to them whether they wish to play along or not- Oh Al dear, you really haven't enough serious things to do you know.. yes you may yell at me later. I'm sure Jeff is reading something interesting, as no doubt is Red and his partner in crime The Maine Gay. The lovely Miss Booda, having escaped incineration hopefully didn't pack all her books to prepare to decamp if needed.

Now, I think I need to go attend to the teetering tower 'o books next to the bed before they fall on me or one of the dogs in the middle of the night.

5 comments:

sageweb said...

I was tagged on this too...I need to get around to it.

I love Graham Norton...one of my favorite shows!

Willym said...

Okay I shouldn't read things at 0600 when my eyes aren't quite adjusted. I was trying to figure out what the hell The Vagina POA Act was!!!!!!

Now - and of course that's half the point of the meme isn't it - I'm going to have to get the book - the Norton one not the Vag.. Virginia thingy.

more cowbell said...

"and be honest not something artsy-fartsy so you can impress everyone."

Haha! Girl, you nailed it, you know that's what people do. Too funny.

And Willym ... is that state or federal? Va-jay-jays' Rights!

Doralong said...

Sage- We're waiting missy.. He's a riot, isn't he?

Wills- Hey interpret however you wish ;)You'd get a kick out of the book, Graham Norton I mean..

CB- I'm low rent like that after all.

Red Seven said...

MG posted the game on our blog, and I left my response in our comments section ... but since you tagged me, I'll do it here, too.

"After all, she won raves for it, even though I suspect the critics applauded her simply because she was able to touch Alec's chest while still retaining the ability to speak complete sentences."

Michael Thomas Ford, reflecting on Jessica Lange's performance in A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE on Broadway, opposite Alec Baldwin in Alec Baldwin Doesn't Love Me (and other trials from My Queer Life)