Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hey, Ticketmaster! Know what??

You can kiss my ass!! I have had it with you people! But I for once got the upper hand, so there!

Monday at 9:55 I log on and prepare to purchase some Springsteen tickets, at 10:00 your server goes haywire- yet again. I’m sure y’all had no idea (since it’s happened a thousand times before) that many thousands of people were going to hit you for tickets at that precise moment. At 10:10 when I finally get processed into the queue, your system tells me there’s nothing left but points me to your sister site Tickets Now or whatever it is, that lo and behold DOES have tickets- at twice to four times the venue price. You’re assholes.

In frustration I go back to the home page and note that he’s playing at UVA- the John Paul Jones Arena is actually a really nice venue- about a third of the size of he Verizon Center or any of the others so I got my self on over to the UVA web site and purchased (without any hassle at all) excellent seats in a much better venue for fair market price. Another good reason for Miss Thing to attend Mr. Jefferson's University, they get awesome concerts and I'd get student rates.

So y’all can pound sand, this is the umteenth time you’ve nailed me this way, and it ain’t gonna happen again.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I went to UVA for grad school. Love that campus and the town.

Sling said...

You GO girl!!..Lord he'p me,I love a good rant.

Doralong said...

Citizen- It really is a charming little town, isn't it? And man do they get some good music rolling through there!

Sling- Sometimes it's just got to come out!

sageweb said...

I hate the ticketblaster...good job in out-witting those nerd.

Tate said...

Hell Yes Sista! Ticketmaster should go pound sand. Glad you got your tickets, tell Bruce I still haven't forgiven him for marrying Patti instead of me.

Gavin said...

They need to be broken up as a monopoly.

billy pilgrim said...

i'd like to kick paul allen right in the crotch.

i think there has to be an anti-trust case in there somewhere.

Doralong said...

Sage- They're rat bastards- period.

Tate- Me neither, my little heart is still crushed.

Gavin- Can anyone say RICO laws??

Billy- Can I help? And yeah, see above!

booda baby said...

Really, so much built up anger's been wasted on Wall Street (not that it didn't deserve a lot, but ALLL of what we've got?) - when it's businesses we actively rely on that could use a BIG FAT SMACK upside the head.

Fucking Ticketmaster. They really need to start being just a little ashamed of themselves, but I guess they're thinking of blaming it on their programmers who couldn't - as you pointed out so well - have anticipated so many hits.

Really, I'm tired of businesses that don't even try to think. Just a little'd do.

Doralong said...

Booda- They ought to be a lot ashamed of themselves! But I expect they're too busy counting the money from their "sister site" that always have tickets in these circumstances- at a substantial mark up from the venue price... Funny how that works, huh?

more cowbell said...

Bastards.