Monday, February 23, 2009

Well that was awfully nice-

Buddyboy hit town and we managed to get together for linner (that would be way too late for lunch and too early for dinner) and were joined by two excellent friends a bit later on. All in all it was a lovely visit, we yakked on and on and caught up. Considering how often we text, email or call you'd think that would be somewhat unnecessary. Well actually it isn't.

Managed to also grab coffee this morning before he had to make himself scarce, which was also good. While every moment was genuinely lovely, we were both still a little sad remembering again how hard it's been not seeing one another all the time. The food was great, the wine as well, the conversation amazing and hysterical as always, and the hugs were the absolute best. But having to say goodbye still does make both of us rather sad still to this day. We both tear up a little when we say goodbye, but don't flat out cry like we used to. That's progress.

But on the whole I'd rather have a friend that finishes my thoughts, makes me laugh hysterically and always knows whats in my heart be a bit too far away than not have one at all...

I'm a lucky, lucky person to have such an amazing person as a friend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good friends are a true blessing, even if they have to be long distance.

sageweb said...

very cool to have a good buddy like that..it makes me warm inside when I think of my good buddies.

yellowdoggranny said...

friends are heart warmers.

Elizabeth said...

Those make-you-laugh-hysterically friends are the best and most precious. Glad you had some time with him and I hope you laughed your ass off and your cares away.

Doralong said...

CItizen- Indeed they are and I'm thankful for each and every one of them.

Sage- It makes even my hard shriveled heart warm up too.

Granny- They do make life a lot easier to navigate, that's for sure!

Elizabeth- So hard I got the hiccups.