Friday, November 16, 2007

My Ohana rocks!

Obviously I was not meant to be a social worker- I’m too damn pragmatic. I expect my “Get your shit together NOW!” mode wouldn’t work real well..

But, that said- my Ohana totally rocks.. As predicted- the situation went south. The only vehicle the lost children have broke down. Crap- well we really don’t have the resources to deal with that situation at the moment. So the calls went out.. This is just more shit than we can manage alone.

Mechanic genius friend/neighbor- I managed to fix a rather large insurance problem for him a while back after kid five was born with heart problems- to the tune of about 40k- he’ll diagnose the car.

Dude I know that owns an independent car rental, I fixed an issue for him in respect to a little coverage situation for his Mom,. In truth, not a big deal, just a knowing who to raise hell with thing. He’s offering up a rental for next to nothing so they can manage getting to work and such for at least two weeks.

Old friend that’s a retired social worker gave me referrals to every resource in the entire damn region for assistance to help me in lighting a fire under their asses..

My Ohana rocks out loud!!!!!!! If nothing else I am reminded that my life has been blessed with some genuinely amazing people. Seriously- I am so damn lucky to have all these amazing people in my life.

And my virtual Ohana is equally exceptional- thank you all for the good karma! I expect we’re going to be needing it the next few days..

17 comments:

Sling said...

Sounds like in spite of some hassles,the Karmic pieces are falling nicely into place...Carry on.

evilganome said...

You are a saint. I have occasionally taken in strays. The only time it didn't blow up on me, I took in a friend that was going through a very nasty break up.

He was a great house guest. Not much in the volunteering to keep up with things around the house, but very good on the not getting under foot and expecting to be entertained department.

He is now off living in another city and happily married. I'm still good friends with him and his wife.

Happy ending, fade lights. The other couple of instances not so much, but my dear grandmother always told me you should never regret doing a good deed.

Doralong said...

Sling- I keep hoping honey, I keep hoping..

EG- Your Grandmother and mine must have known one another ;) This thought alone keeps me from losing my shit completely.

Anonymous said...

Pushing more good Karma your way, can you feel it? It's all going to work out, most of it due to your past good works. Speaks loudly to what a fine person you are. Very LOUDLY. I hope resolution is in short order!

Doralong said...

Tater- I can feel it honey! And for the record- I don't consider them "past good works", it's just what you're supposed to do helping out your friends and neighbors. At least where I was raised.. And in truth, I really never expected any "payback" for prior small services- for real. If that was the case my local mechanic's kids wouldn't be going to a private school ;) But as my grandma always said "If you don't have the answer to the question, ask someone who does."

Anonymous said...

Aren't Grandmas full of the wisest idioms? Mine was a genius.

Doralong said...

Both of mine were really incredible women- and right now I really wish like hell I had both of them with me, or at least one. I could really use some of that wisdom right about now..

Doralong said...

PS- Frankly I really just want my Mamma right at the moment. Somehow I know she'd know how to manage this. Lord knows the parents took in more than a few strays in their day, and Mamma was always the one that got them back on track.

I fear I am so not the person for this particular job..

Java said...

Cheers, dear. Laugh instead of crying, that's my philosophy. Sounds like things are going fairly well.

Kimberly Ann said...

Your Ohana rocks, and so do you.

Lorraine said...

Well done, Doralong!

Anonymous said...

Girl you've got connections coming out the wazzoo. I wish my wazzoo had connections.

Willym said...

My momma always said that it ain't what you know but who you know. In this case looks like momma was right.

At this point I think you've gone beyond the limit that I would have been capable of - you are aiming for beatification here. If you'd like I'll put a word in with Big Ben and the Boys across the river here?

All kidding aside you and the family are doing a remarkable thing.

Doralong said...

Java- I'm trying, I swear I am trying!

KA- They totally do, I'm lucky to have them all in my life.

Lorraine- Thanks- but the friends are doing the stuff kiddo, not moi.I gots no skilz that are going to get this resolved I fear.

Hat- You live in a small place long enough, ya get to know pretty much everyone eventually ;) Takes no talent. And Ahem.. you have me don't I count?

Willym- Ben and the boys would most likely run screaming from me ;) I cuss too much, I drink, I believe in birth control and assisted suicide for the terminally ill and mostly because I'm a female and tend to say "Goddess Bless" when someone sneezes ;)

And all kidding aside- not so remarkable, just trying to do the right thing.

Anonymous said...

hey, hottie, have yourself a wonderful Thanksgiving. My bitch in law will be joining our little get together as well. I will sign a pact with you not to commit murder on Thursday, You in?

Doralong said...

Bitch in Law... OK, I just literal did damn near die laughing!! Thanks honey- I really needed that!

I swear I'll behave if you will ;) Course, it will be an effort. But for the sake of familial harmony and for you, I'll act like a lady.

Dan said...

Everything happens exactly as it should. Happy Thanksgiving!